- Thank you Meat Loaf, for helping me endure the horrors. And for singing the greatest love song of all time. Bat Out of Hell indeed.
And the last thing I see is my heart … still beating … still beating … breaking out of my body and flying away like a bat out of hell …
- Italy’s Supreme Court: Rules neighbour’s noisy toilet is a human rights violation. Has Encana/Ovintiv (now Lynx) been violating my human rights and decimating my health for decades with their law violating noisy compressors? With AER fudging Encana’s data, enabling the law and human rights violations? Oh ya, I forgot: Canadians have no rights when harmed by oil & gas (except to pay $hundreds of thousands in legal/court costs, be strung along for years, lied to and betrayed by your lawyers, and defamed by the Supreme Court of Canada).
Italian couple win 19-year battle with neighbours over noisy loo by Elly Blake, Jan 18, 2022, Evening Standard
Italy’s top court has enshrined the right to protection from loud lavatories after a 19-year battle between a tired couple and their neighbour’s flushing toilet.
The case began in 2003 when the couple, living in a flat near La ...
- Murder by COVID. UCP, Jason Kenney & Dr. Deena Hinshaw are cruel despicable lying anti-health, anti-Albertan monsters. Paul Hunter: “You don’t get herd immunity with coronaviruses”
Man’s penis ‘shrinks by 1.5 inches after catching Covid’ – and it’s irreversible
….to his dismay the victim found his penis had contracted considerably – a condition doctors told him is likely permanent due to vascular damage in his erectile tissue.
It comes as a University College London study of 3,400 people found that a shortened penis ...
- Nine months after Teck President Don Lindsay publicly apologized for dumping fish-killing mine waste, committed to “not waver in our focus on addressing this challenge” after settling in court for record $60M fine to avoid full trial, Teck “researchers” blame winter for 90% cutthroat trout kill even though mine contaminants have only gone up since 2014.
Better tell the judge Mr. Lindsay, maybe your fine will get tripled. Which wouldn’t really matter because history shows Teck has a habit of ignoring orders by courts and governments, a habit which courts and governments ignore.
Teck says ice, not coal waste, killed fish by Rob Chaney, Dec 29, 2021, Missoulian
A Canadian coal company claims ...
- Billionaires in (and polluting) space.
Cartoon by Hugleikur Dagsson, nicknamed Hulli (Iceland)
Why did billionaire Jeff Bezos buy the Washington Post?
Refer also to:
2015: Fracking Is Significantly Dangerous, Elon Musk Says
2021: Down with soon-to-be frac’er Elon Musk! To think I used to admire his imagination and critical thinking.
Elon Musk fracs to fuel his rockets to mars but hits dry holes (too funny).
- Where are the sanctimonious pro-lifers with their incessant desire to control others? Why the silence from them about Alberta’s UCP (many proclaiming to be Christian) intentionally killing in one of the most vile and cruel ways possible?
I expect long after woodland caribou are wiped out, Alberta will continue poisoning wolves even though it was proven decades ago how vital key predators like wolves are to healthy ecosystems. Abusive gov’ts kill wolves in Canada for no reason other than to feed ego and cruelty, and pretend to be protecting a species human ...
- Resource Guide and videos for all sessions now available: 9th Annual Shale & Public Health (Dec 10, 2021) Conference by Halt the Harm Network and Physicians for Social Responsibility: “Cradle to Grave: The Reverberating Health Hazards of Oil and Gas Industry.” Focus on workers’ exposure to PFAS chemicals, radioactivity, and effects on their families, communities and beyond.
Ninth Annual Shale & Public Health Conference
We thank those of you who helped organize the conference program, who were our speakers, and who attended the ninth annual Shale & Public Health 2021 conference.
The ninth annual Shale & Public Health Conference took place as an online conference over two days Tuesday, November 16 & Wednesday, November 17, ...
- Chance Oil and Gas trying to squeeze $billions for free out of Yukoners? How the hell does a frac moratorium cancel permits to drill wells the company says it need not frac?
Yukon Court of Appeal strikes down more claims in oil company’s lawsuit on government’s fracking ban, The government said there were still parts of the lawsuit that stood no chance of success by CBC News with files from Jackie Hong, Dec 09, 2021
The Yukon Court of Appeal has tossed out more parts of a $2.2-billion ...
- Frac Happy Nature Conservancy of Canada buys 106 acres along Belly River adjacent to Waterton Lakes National Park (to sell frac’ers water and let companies frac under the park to set precedent to frac in the park?). Paid for by taxpayers?
Nature Conservancy Acquires Grazing Land Near Waterton Park by Don McCracken, Dec 4, 2021, Okotoks Online
The Nature Conservancy of Canada, along with the Federal Government, have announced acquisition of just over a hundred hectares of land on the edge of the Waterton Park Front, in the Foothills region.
Nature Conservancy of Canada has purchased of ...
- Pennsylvania: CNX pleads to criminal charges for misreporting air pollution, AG’s investigation turned on reports by severely impacted family. When will Canadian AGs criminally charge Encana/Ovintiv et al for the endless toxic frac pollution, quake damages and contaminated aquifers severely harming families and farms?
Encana/Ovintiv’s illegal fracs, flares and sour fumes were reported to regulators often by families forced to breath, live and work with and bathe in the company’s toxic crimes in SK, AB, and BC. No wonder AEC/Encana/Cenovus/Ovintiv keeps changing names and plunking its polluting people as Chair of AER and in other upper management positions there.
- Geological Survey of Canada, Ruhr-Universität Bochum & McGill University team report new type of fracquake: “hybrid-frequency waveform earthquakes (EHW).” They say their discovery *could* “minimize damage done by tremors caused by fracking.” Pfffft! Not on this pin cushioned planet. Frac’ers only escalate their damages (and greed and lies).
Comment by a resident in Manitoba:
the pernicious mitigation myth again. I suppose these researchers must pretend everything can be mitigated just to keep their jobs.
New Type Of Earthquake ‘Triggered By Fracking’ Discovered by David Bressan, Dec 6, 2021, Forbes
According to a news release by the Ruhr-Universität-Bochum, a Canadian-German research team have documented a new ...
- “Fractured Gas – Fractured State: A History.” March 2022 4-part course at Carnegie Mellon U’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute by Doug Shields (in 2010, introduced Community Rights Ordinance that banned frac’ing in Pittsburgh by 9-0 vote, first frac ban in the world)
Where: CMU’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
When: March 9 – 30, 2022, Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Class size limited to 35.
Sign up to reserve your spot.
Part 1 provides a review of how the 2005 federal Energy Act exempted fracking from environmental law; how and why fracking came to Pennsylvania; and, early impacts upon Pennsylvania’s ...
- 2021 U of Calgary study: Radon levels in new Canadian homes now 467% higher than in homes in Sweden; 2015 John Hopkins study links radon to frac’ing: “It looks like fracking has unearthed an unbargained for and serious cancer risk in peoples’ homes.”
The University of Calgary (largely controlled by oil and gas money) study does not mention the 2015 John Hopkins study, frac’ing, fracquakes, oil and gas drilling, waste injection, enhanced oil recovery, CCS, pipelines and related activities etc. Let’s just blame the escalating radon problem in Canada on people living, learning and working in buildings, which ...
- BC Gov’t ignored – for days – flooded district requesting emergency help to save key infrastructure. MLA Mike Farnworth lies about it to media, or plays dumb/is ignorant. *After* road, houses wash away, gov’t responds. If CAPP et al, notably Encana/Ovintiv, had asked for this help, I expect BC gov’t would have said yes instantly.
Paul J. Henderson@PeeJayAitch Nov 30, 2021:
Simplified version of events: @FraserValleyRD Board Chair Jason Lum:
“Why won’t the province respond to our flooding infrastructure requests?”
@mikefarnworthbc: “We didn’t get any requests.”
Lum: “Yes you did. More than 50 to date.” There is a problem here.
Othello Rd, Coquihalla Hwy, before and after:
Mr. Olsen provides fantastic updates:
- 2011: France banned frac’ing; 2021 French frac giant Total wants wells near Arlington TX daycare in mostly Black and Latino community, health already harmed by pollution
Arlington Parents petition City Council to deny permit to French fracking giant Total to frack next to children’s daycare Media Advisory by Livable Arlington, Nov 27, 2021
Parents of 69 toddlers and young children ...
- Thank you CBC! A fun, fabulous interview. Geoff Hughes’ music helped me get through my M.Sc., notably 2am driving home from the Elora Mill bar where I worked to pay for university.
Thank you Mr. Hughes!
I remain grateful to you and your fascinating music. And, I remain in awe of your genius.
More music please (no pressure)!
What ever happened to Geoff Hughes? 40 years ago, he had a hit song and then disappeared from the public eye. Until now by Andrea Warner, Oct 27 (updated ...
- Emmy-winning “The Story of Plastics”
molly taft@mollytaft Nov 26:
i talked to a plastics expert about how cleaning up all the plastic in the ocean is basically impossible, and how plastic exists outside of our conception of time (!)
Why Trying to Clean Up All the Ocean Plastic Is Pointless, A pollution expert on why any attempt to rid the ocean ...
- Ryan Jesperson: “The Australian coal miners are foreign. … The foreign ones are the ones fucking up the eastern slopes!” Corb Lund livid: “I’ve dug my heels in now.” High River Mayor Craig Snodgrass: “The only foreign-funded money that’s coming into this province right now with the coal stuff is the Ozzies’ money. That’s it. You’re being very hypocritical to pin that on anybody in this province that this coal fight is foreign-funded. It’s not. It’s BS. It’s just us. It’s just Albertans.”
This is an excellent interview. I do not wish Lund pain or to be stressed, but I do love to see him and tens of thousands of my fellow Albertans, finally, in a rage protesting the gov’t helping foreign corporations rape our drinking water and destroy our famous landscapes. It’s typical that AER granted Ms. ...
- Encana/Ovintiv spewing sour gas, yet again, says no one injured. H2S damages the brain even at very low concentrations, so how the hell does the company know no one was injured? Were all workers and area residents tested for neurological damages? OGC investigating. Whooptydoo! Will they let Ovintiv off with another community bribe? Or blame nature and the harmed?
BC Oil and Gas Commission to investigate Pouce Coupe natural gas leak by Michael Popove, Nov 22, 2021, CJDC TV
PIUCE COUPE — Ovintiv has confirmed to CJDC-TV News, that a sour gas leak from a wellhead near Riverside Road in Pouce Coupe occurred on Friday afternoon.
A witness who lives across the street from the wellhead ...
- Dear Horgan et al: To repair and prepare for climate chaos: Stop frac’ing! Stop Site C dam (the chaos ahead will flush it downriver anyways). Quit giving public dollars to cash-hoarding foreign energy companies (notably Encana-Ovintiv). Use the workers and money to repair and prepare instead.
How B.C.’s string of natural disasters are connected, While weather is naturally variable, events such as extreme heat, wildfires and flooding will become more frequent and more intense because of climate change by Kathryn Blaze Baum, Carrie Tait, Justine Hunter, and Matthew McClearn, Nov 21, 2021, The Globe and Mail
The two-lane highway between the B.C. ...
- Frack Free Lancashire: “The fracking industry lurches on like a zombie that doesn’t know it’s dead” … “Carbon Capture and Storage…remains a theoretical practice with no at scale projects anywhere near completion today. It is a fantasy.”
Calls to revive fracking amid gas crisis spark angry response in Lancashire, An industry body has called on the Government to consider reviving the fracking industry, two years on from the moratorium that stopped gas exploration in Lancashire by Tim Gavell, Nov 4, 2021, Lancashire Post
The UK Onshore Oil and Gas group has said, as ...
- Another study: Preliminary Results Find Increased Cancer, Health Risks From Road Dumping Drilling Wastewater, Especially For Children; Arsenic, lead, manganese, nickel, hexavalent chromium in road dust contaminated by wastewater
If Encana had notified me, I would never have rescued any dogs. I am horrified to think what my dogs were exposed to, their noses much closer to the waste than mine and their pads directly on it. And what are the harms to wildlife and livestock walking and resting on the waste, eating it? ...
- New Study: Shows Higher Exposures To Radiation In Road Dumping Of Drilling Wastewater When Appropriate Exposure Scenarios Are Used, with Constant Exposure for Residents Living Next To and Using Those Roads (imagine living with Encana/Ovintiv waste in your body)
Encana/Ovintiv got rid of its waste on our roads too (under guise of dust suppression) and bribed farmers (for a pittance) to accept the waste dumped on crop and pasture lands, including immediately next to my home, filling it with petroleum stench. I was not given advance warning to enable me to close the windows ...
- Feb 22, 2022, 10am to 3pm, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA Shale Gas and Public Health: Translating Science into Policy, a public health summit hosted by Environmental Health Project
Speakers and Topics include:
Dr. Linda Birnbaum, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Child Health and Development:
Dr. Élyse Caron-Beaudoin, University of Toronto Scarborough
Dr. Nicholas Muller, Carnegie Mellon University
Rev. Dr. Gregory Simpson, Nauraushaun Presbyterian Church
After a morning plenary session, attendees will participate in breakout group discussions over a catered lunch. The summit will ...
- COP26 is Synergy (no action except billions more public dollars to oil and gas polluters, lots of empty promises and yak). Orion Magazine on Frac Harms: “There exists an axis of betrayal between transnational oil and gas corporations and governments that allows the violations of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights” enabled by courts.
In my view, COP26 (and those before and ahead), is a synergy fest of mostly male (photo below of the leaders attending) corruption, greed and circuitous chatter between gov’ts, industry and NGOs to con the masses into thinking emissions are being reduced while the patriarchy gives industry more public money to produce more oil and ...
- Ernst Frac’d & Fuck’d by Usual Sad Sacks of Shit: Encana, Ovintiv and CEO Gwyn Morgan, later by her own lawyers Murray Klippenstein and Cory Wanless, with Alberta courts and Supreme Court of Canada pissing on the rule of law to protect polluters (100% industry-funded AER).
Many thanks to Sharon for sending this image today. No, I did not add any of the “E”s.
Better to walk through hell than succumb to Canada’s rotten corporate, regulatory and legal systems gagging me via delay after delay after delay (the longest by the Supreme Court of Canada); lie after lie after lie; smear after ...
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Editorial Board says “hydraulic fracturing is a delicate process.” Schlumberger Chair and CEO Andrew Gould told investors it’s done by “brute force and ignorance.”
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette endorsed Trump and got rid of award-winning cartoonist Rob Rogers (for being honest?). My favourite of Mr. Roger’s brilliant cartoons is included below.
A few of the comments to the article:
Fracking is an environmental disaster, which is exactly why more enlightened places have completely banned it.
1st and ten:
No one ever thinks enough ...
- Legal Shit Show on Crack Continues: Cabot Oil v. Ray Kemble. 2008: Cabot contaminated Dimock drinking water. 2020: PA AG filed 15 criminal charges, including 9 felonies, against Cabot. 2021: Cabot becomes Coterra Energy. Changing names hides crimes (like Encana to Ovintiv).
When frac-harmed citizens hire lawyers, who do the lawyers really represent? Frac’ers? Judges the lawyers bow down to or the status quo?
In my view, the lawyers I hired (Murray Klippenstein and Cory Wanless), put my faith in, and paid one hell of a lot of money to over many years, did not work for ...
- Alberta Cover-up Capital: Frac’ing near 5.0M earthquake 31km WNW of Rocky Mountain House; AER reported nothing about that or waste injection, just said industry didn’t do it.
One of the “felt” reports:
“At the coordinates you give for the epicentre there is a big frack going on….”
Some of industry’s wells in the quake area, from BOE Report:
Earthquakes Canada Felt Reports
Snap taken Nov 6, 2021 (note that the VI Strong intensity has been removed):
Snap below taken Oct 22, 2021, includes the VI ...
- AER: Regulation only when it suits them. Tidewater Midstream, spills 30,000 litres acidic water into creek, charged with 10 violations, including releasing substance that “caused or may have caused an adverse effect.” Encana injected 18 *million* litres frac fluid into Rosebud’s aquifers contaminating them, covered it up but is not charged. Instead, the company’s VP Gerry Protti and manager Mark Taylor rewarded with top jobs at AER, and CEO Gwyn Morgan the Order of Canada.
Encana kept their illegal aquifer fracs secret and later lied about them to the harmed and public. Encana intentionally commingled its multiple frac zone gas wells to prevent accurate fingerprinting data collection. Encana has yet to disclose to me and the community the relevant data on the super shallow fracs and all chemicals injected.
- Nov 16 &17, 2021: 9th Annual Shale & Public Health Conference including Community Voices and Participatory Research from Canada
The Straight Scoop on Shale A project of the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania Citizen Education Fund, Nov 16 & 17, 2021, Free but requires registration.
Featuring new research presented by national experts on shale and public health impacts, and practical applications.
Tuesday, November 16th: Session 1 – New Health Research Session 2 – Research ...
- Frac’d to Hell in Pennsylvania: Methane contaminated water only the beginning
They Couldn’t Drink Their Water. And Still, They Stayed Quiet by Colin Jerolmack, Sept 17, 2021, The New York Times
Mr. Jerolmack is the author of “Up to Heaven and Down to Hell: Fracking, Freedom, and Community in an American Town,” which tells the story of the Crawleys and other families in Pennsylvania.
I first encountered Tom Crawley ...
- Another warning for investors: Water gets her revenge against big oil, fills most valuable part of Suncor’s Fort Hills tarshit mine in Alberta
Water problems at Suncor Energy’s massive Fort Hills mine cast shadow over stock, analysts say, Shares down since company confirmed the issue during earnings call by Geoffrey Morgan, Aug 06, 2021, Financial Post
Water is flowing into the most valuable part of Suncor Energy Inc.’s massive 194,000-barrels-per-day Fort Hills oilsands mine, adding a fresh problem for ...
- New evil low (copying the UK?): Ontario turns H2S gas well into water well to make citizen pay (up to $900,000.00) to plug it. What will investors, insurance and finance think of this crass oil & gas industry-enabling fraud by authorities?
they can designate it a water well all they want … doesn’t change the industry impact and exploding towns and cities … which i believe is of great interest to the insurance industry … and banks …
and they can try and redesignate fresh water aquifers to gas aquifers, but I don’t think the insurance and ...
- Nov 8, 2021: Frac Investors Beware: Untold Financial Risks of Radioactive Waste to be Publicly Disclosed
PDF of the presentations. Recording of the webinar will be posted when it’s available. Two of Melissa Troutman’s slides:
In Alberta, companies (including bully brute Encana/Ovintiv) dump their waste on crop and pasture lands, with AER nowhere to be seen:
What’s in the bread, cereal and meat you eat and feed to your children?
At an online event: ...
- Another damning paper by Dominic DiGiulio et al: Chevron oilfield waste “ponds” contaminating groundwater in California. DiGiulio warns the ponds constitute “a potential wide-scale legacy groundwater contamination issue.” Think of Alberta’s toxic tarsands waste lakes, industry’s largest unlined waste “ponds” on earth, leaking into the Athabasca River and groundwater, with AER doing little but deregulate.
Vulnerability of Groundwater Resources Underlying Unlined Produced Water Ponds in the Tulare Basin of the San Joaquin Valley, California by Dominic C. DiGiulio, Robert J. Rossi, Jessie M. Jaeger, Seth B. C. Shonkoff, and Joseph N. Ryan, Oct 15, 2021, Environ. Sci. Technol. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.1c02056 © 2021 American Chemical Society
The San Joaquin Valley (SJV) in California ...
- City of Iqaluit says historical fuel spill likely source of drinking water contamination
Imagine the contamination caused by Encana/Ovintiv deliberately injecting – under high pressure – 18 million litres of mystery frac fluid into multiple drinking water aquifers used by the Rosebud community in Alberta.
Then imagine the harm caused by the company and regulators lying and engaging in fraud to cover it up, and bullying and charter ...
- California banning new oil and gas wells within 3,200 ft (975 m) of homes, schools, healthcare facilities, and requiring emissions monitoring of existing wells within those buffer zones. Will industry lobby groups sue? Will captured courts kill the community/public health protections?
In 100% industry-funded AER’s Alberta, wells, including those frac’d with toxic chemicals, are allowed 100m within homes, schools, playgrounds, senior care and hospitals, community centres, etc.
Public Health Rulemaking by California Dept Conservation
Update (October 21, 2021)
Draft Regulations for Public Comment
On October 21, 2021, the California Department of Conservation’s Geologic Energy Management Division (CalGEM) released for public ...
- Alberta, Two Hills Co: Fire, explosion *and injuries* at Secure Energy (recently merged with notorious Newalta Tervita) crude oil tank farm. *Area residents evacuated.* How toxic is the oil? Was it frac’d with mystery chemicals, PFAS? Any H2S? Was radioactive waste stored in what exploded? Are taxpayers funding the emergency response, as usual? More than 35 firefighters, and RCMP and EMS attended.
Where’s the 100% industry-funded AER?
Oh, right, busy deregulating to enable industry increasing their poisons in the air we need to breath.
Is Secure Energy as notorious as Tervita? Or is frac waste too dangerous to deal with?
2015: Fire at Secure Energy Services south of Grande Prairie
… Grande Prairie RCMP has confirmed that workers at the ...
- West Virginia: Southwestern Energy’s Reinbeau multi well pad near schools goes boom in the night: A piece of equipment ruptured, caused release of pressure and fire, one worker injured. Were they frac’ing? Will they tell the truth if they were?
Southwestern wanted to frac New Brunswick, Canada.
Likely location of the incident in WV, visual thanks to Bob Donnan from PA:
Incident on well pad near Sorghum Ridge Road in Marshall County last night by Steve Moore, Oct 22, 2021, WTRF
Marshall County Sheriff Bill Helms confirms to 7NEWS that there was an incident near a well pad ...
- PFAS, Endocrine Disruption, and Shale Gas Development Sept 21, 2021 webinar by Environmental Health Project and Halt the Harm available for viewing
Ever wonder why resource rape & pillage Caveman Canada has no EPA?
Any authority investigating PFAS pollution in Canadian waters and bodies (human and otherwise)?
The webinar features presentations by:
Dusty Horwitt, J.D., author of Physicians for Social Responsibility’s report Fracking with “Forever Chemicals,” and
Katherine Pelch, Ph.D., environmental health science and policy analyst and assistant professor at ...
- 14 year analysis on upstream oil and gas production and ambient air pollution in California found: “higher concentrations of ambient air pollutants at air quality monitors in proximity to preproduction wells within 4 km and producing wells within 2 km” likely harming health of nearby residents. Findings “likely applicable to other regions with oil and gas operations.”
PDF of the complete paper
Upstream oil and gas production andambient air pollution in California by David J.X. Gonzalez, Christina K. Francis, Gary M. Shaw, Mark R. Cullen, Michael Baiocchi and Marshall Burke, Science of the Total Environment Volume 807, Part 2, 10 February 2022, 150836
This is a PDF file of an article that has undergone ...
- New book by Dr. Kevin Timoney: Hidden Scourge: Exposing the Truth about Fossil Fuel Industry Spills, Six-year investigation into the impacts in western North America. “The science is clear: the production and use of fossil fuels has caused global-scale ecological and atmospheric damage that presently endangers life on the planet.”
Hidden Scourge: Exposing the Truth about Fossil Fuel Industry Spills by Kevin P. Timoney (McGill-Queens University Press), Press Release Oct 12, 2021
A six-year investigation into the impacts of fossil fuel production in western North America
Hidden Scourge takes the reader on a journey behind the firewall of disinformation to uncover scientific truths about crude oil and ...
- Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for our medical workers and support staff, still taking care of us, after endless shit & abuse from Jason Kenney, Chief Medical Officer of anti-Health Deena Hinshaw, UCP, anti-everything thugs (if you refuse vaccination, the least you can do for community is wear a mask, over your nose not under it, COVID-19 is airborne)
Thank you health care workers!
Wall of hearts by Ottawa artist Alison Fowler
I had to return a defective product to Canadian Tire in Drumheller last Friday. While standing in line for ages, with more and more customers – including four maskless – accumulating and crowding the area and staff doing nothing to manage it, not even ...
- PSE: Literature review examines last ten years research on methane and health-damaging air pollutant emissions from oil and gas industry
Oil and gas industry pollution in NEBC
Oil and gas industry pollution NW of Calgary, Alberta, province with many such facilities
And then, the endless fracs and refracs and more refracs:
Literature review examines the last ten years of research on methane and health-damaging air pollutant emissions from the oil and gas industry Press Release by Adrienne Underwood, ...
- Brilliant courageous Justin Nobel to PA DEP’s Bureau of Radiation Protection at “Policy Hearing on Closing Hazardous Waste Loopholes” about oil & gas companies “screwing their own workers.” Critical issue in frac fields, including in Canada, because of the massive volumes of radioactive waste generated (Radium 226 persists for 1,600 years)
Canadian Guidelines for the Management of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) by Gov’t of Canada, 2013, ISBN: 978-1-100-23019-1; Cat. No.: H129-34/2013E-PDF
Sanctions against polluters are feeble and out of date, and are rarely invoked.Ralph Nader
Excellent rivetting 2:18 Min clip of testimony by Justin Nobel, addressing David Allard, Head of Pennsylvania Dept Environmental Protection’s Bureau of Radiation ...
- Whither the Disclaimer? Too funny! Witch hunter Steve Allen’s feelings bruise easily, “The Journalists have also failed to treat me fairly” … Poor Compton Petro Babe Allen ought not to hunt witches if he can’t take the heat. How many law violations did Allan’s bogus inquiry commit?
2020: Too funny! Alberta’s UCP witch hunt changing rules midplay, again. Why? Can’t find any witches or their brooms?
2020: UCP’s witch hunt smells like a Jason Kenney-Vivian Krause flop: “If was serious about uncovering harm to Alberta he would set his sights on CAPP and the rest of the oil cabal.”
Denton’s Law firm wanting ...
- AG Josh Shapiro: 48 Criminal Charges against Energy Transfer (prev Sunoco) for polluting “lakes, rivers, and our water wells” and putting Pennsylvanians’ safety at risk, 45 charges for “illegally releasing industrial waste at 22 sites in 11 different counties.” Executive Deputy AG Jennifer Selber: “Non disclosure orders are a hinderance to criminal investigations and prosecutions.”
What do we get in Canada? AGs too cowardly to be seen except when it suits their egos and personal agendas. Lying judges pissing on the rule of law even at Canada’s top court under then Chief J B. McLachlin; gag order (NDA) after gag order after gag order; endless deregulation while publicly claiming increasing ...
- Satartia, Mississippi gassed by Denbury Inc., nearly killing dozens when CO2 P/L (contaminated with H2S) ruptured. Foreshadowing Canada’s Carbon Capture & Storage (that produces more pollution under guise of reducing it)? Deaths already reported in SK at Encana/Cenovus/Ovintiv’s CO2 injected oil recovery experiment.
2012: CO2 in Stream, Dead Ducks Prompt Wyo. DEQ Citation against Anadarko
The leak happened in an area where CO2 is injected underground to help revive an old oil field and boost oil production. The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality has ordered Anadarko Petroleum to identify and control the carbon dioxide leak into Castle Creek in central ...
- Justin Mikulka: “I think the story of US shale has mostly been written already. Best assets gone. Half trillion lost. Environmental and climate disaster. Executive looting. Pathetic media coverage. The damage has been done.”
Justin Mikulka is an independent journalist covering the finances of the energy transition.
It’s the same, if not worse, in Canada, the harms and painfully pathetic main media reporting (mostly lies).
I spent years (unpaid) researching, buying industry reports/data, and writing the above brief to counter the ship loads of lies by Canadian experts, academia, regulators, politicians, ...
- 35,000 harmed LA residents settle with SoCalGas for $1.8 Billion over largest methane leak in U.S. history. Utility faced more than 385 lawsuits on behalf of 48,000 people. Matt Pakucko: “SoCalGas’ devastating blowout will never be behind us until the Aliso Canyon storage facility is shut down and the danger it poses to the community is permanently eliminated. We are nowhere near a resolution.”
Gas storage will never be safe as long as it’s done by humans because of rampant greed in our species and until frac’ing is outlawed everywhere.
SoCalGas agrees to pay $1.8 billion settlement over 2015 Aliso Canyon gas leak by Brian Melley, Associated Press, Sept 27, 2021, USA Today
LOS ANGELES – Thousands of families sickened and ...
- Excellent letter by George Thatcher on COVID-19 explosion in Alberta
I can have my cake and eat it too, I just love the way some folks have made science and vaccinations such political issues by George Thatcher, Trochu, Alberta, Sept 25, 2021, MountainViewToday
Hee haw! I just got my ivermectin for COVID-19, and I’ve been galloping around the neighbourhood like a young colt. Trouble is that I ...
- New study on frac’ing in NEBC, Peace River area: “Troubling” link between frac’ing and chemical contamination in homes; Living frac’d may harm your health. Massive new gas plant being built near those already impacted, expected to increase the number of frac’d wells from 10,000 to over 100,000.
PDF of the study
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in indoor air and tap water samples in residences of pregnant women living in an area of unconventional natural gas operations: Findings from the EXPERIVA study by Élyse Caron-Beaudoin, Kyle Powys Whyte, Maryse F. Bouchard, Jonathan Chevrier, Sami Haddad, Ray Copes, Katherine L. Frohlich, Dean Dokkie, Treaty 8 ...
- Alberta: “Get COVID Party” in Edson two weeks ago sends “a lot” of residents to already overwhelmed Edmonton ICU. Is that where COVID-denying UCP officials got sick, now in hospital “battling for their lives?” Ken Michel: “I was going to attend that party, but I went to the ‘Throw big rocks in the air and close your eyes’ party instead.”
de Adder Canada@deAdderCanada: Unless there was some obscure Premier in Canadian history who killed and ate orphans, Jason Kenney will go down as the worst Premier in Canadian history.
Dr. Verna Yiu, CEO of AHS: “It’s tragic that we are only able to keep pace with these kind of numbers because in part some of our ...
- Judging a judge: Letter in Maclean’s by John Challinor II of Milton Ontario on retired Supreme Court of Canada Justice Rosalie Abella
I read the article about retired Supreme Court of Canada justice Rosalie Silberman Abella with interest (“Rosie Abella said she’d answer questions when she turned 75,” Supreme Court, July 2021). There is much to like about her as a Canadian, as a woman, and especially as a human being. However, it is clear that Madam ...
- “Frack Master” Breitling Energy CEO Christopher Aundre Faulkner sentenced to 15 years in federal prison, fined $92,446,376.46. He was most cited US media voice and tried to infiltrate Canadian media too; sums up how evil frac’ing is.
United States v. Christopher Aundre Faulkner (3:18-cr-00500) by Court Listener
District Court, N.D. Texas
Last Updated: Sept. 22, 2021, 5:06 a.m. CDT
Assigned To: Jane J. Boyle
Date Filed: Oct. 4, 2018
Date of Last Known Filing: Sept. 20, 2021
Document #: 153
Date: Sept 20, 2021
ELECTRONIC Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Jane J. Boyle: ...
- Legal Hanky Panky on Steroids? PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc., court-appointed monitor for Bellatrix (made famous by Diana Daunheimer’s lawsuit) bankruptcy, setting up liability escape via insolvent NewCo? Bankruptcy switchero after bankruptcy switchero, name change after name change after name change, enabled by “regulators,” politicians, lawyers and courts. “Rule of Law” rapes Canadians, our economy and our environment.
AER and the courts (notably in Alberta) are paid by the citizenry but work for the rich and oil & gas, protecting/assisting companies that abuse us, our loved ones, homes and lands, and rape our aquifers and environment, get billions in subsidies from the citizenry and make us pay to clean up while taking billions ...
- Oil companies pushing & funding Kern Co to sue California Gov Newsom for trying to protect environment, communities, families from risky techniques like frac’ing, acidizing, cyclic steaming? Make the county look bad instead of companies doing the harms?
2021 02 18: California SB 467 “End Fracking & Harmful Drilling Act” proposes to ban all new frac’ing and other risky techniques like cyclic steaming, acid fracs, and water and steam flooding by Jan 2022 and completely by 2027. How many companies will sue to try to kill the ban and what will Trump’s judges ...
- As expected, CanWhite Sands does not appropriately, completely answer Open House questions. What the Frack Manitoba asks fed gov’t to designate Vivian Sand Extraction Project re: Missing & misleading information in EAP and AECON Canada Ltd’s Hydrogeology & Geochemistry Assessment
Sept. 8, 2021
Dear Minster Wilkinson and Ms. Pullishy:
Re: Request to Designate the Vivian Sand Extraction Project Based on ...
- Caveman Canada: B.C.’s farting “commitments” continue to enable water polluter Teck
High River Alberta Mayor Craig Snodgrass with selenium poisoned cutthroat trout from Elk River, Fernie BC, polluted by Teck
Canadian coal company appeals tough U.S. selenium rule as provinces consider mines by Bob Webber, The Canadian Press, Aug 28, 2021, Calgary Herald
On Aug. 13, Teck Resources petitioned Montana to rescind a rule brought in last fall ...
- Frac’ing Ontario? Wheatley (thermogenic corrosive) sour gas explosion injures 20, destroys two buildings, more, many families displaced. Still leaking, area remains at risk of more explosions like Hutchinson Kansas where two were killed in their home from industry’s leaking gas migrating 7 miles. Chatham-Kent top administrator, Don Shropshire: “Our area has hundreds, if not thousands of abandoned gas wells. They stretch from Niagara Peninsula to Windsor.” Also exploded from industry’s gas 85 years ago. The community must be relocated. But, where?
Will Ontario authorities do this to Wheatley too? New evil low for Caveman Canada: Ontario turns H2S gas well into water well to make citizen pay (up to $900,000.00) to plug it.
Why are first responders and emergency workers not wearing full H2S protective gear? It damages the brain, even at very low concentrations.
Comment by ...
- Ireland: Bravo Clare County councillors! Call on gov’t “to put forward a global ban on fracking being proposed by Ireland at the United Nations General Assembly on climate-mitigation, public-health, environmental-protection and human-rights grounds”
Clare councillors seek global ban on fracking by Páraic McMahon, Aug 26, 2021, Clare Echo
Almost a decade on from becoming the first local authority in the country to introduce a ban on fracking, Clare County Council has now called on the Government to introduce a global ban.
Fracking, or hydraulic fracturing, is a controversial technique to ...
- Code Red vs Rex Murphy. Aug 26-28, 2021 Canadian Energy Executive Association’s 10th Business Forum (masks & proof of vaccination req’d?). Fees are outrageous, as industry’s pollution & lies ramp up while Canada burns.
Erica1984: Replying to @CdnEnergyExecs:
Such an incestuous den of snakes. Golf, Banff…ol’ boys’ club alive and well. Mutual suckers.
(((Isabella Mac Bardoel))) Replying to @CdnEnergyExecs:
Koch Sucking Rex Murphy shills while Canada burns.
Code Red by Dr. Ned Ketyer, August 24th, 2021, Pediablog
“Skies turned hazy from Pittsburgh to Washington to Boston, as smoke from fires in Canada poured into ...
- Insurance industry Gets Smart, backs away from fossil fuels.
Where will the rich go to play when the Mediterranean is gone? My place is beautiful, but I have no safe water after Encana/Cenovus illegally frac’d my community’s aquifers, and compressor noise and weeds invade on.
THE MEDITERRANEAN IS ON FIRE by BY MAXIMILLIAN ALVAREZ, Aug 18, 2021, The Intercept
Severe heatwaves and longer dry seasons caused by ...
- Unnatural unhealthy “natural gas”
Dr. Trevor Hancock: B.C.’s ‘natural gas’ is both unnatural and unhealthy Aug 22, 2021, Trevor Hancock, Victoria Times Colonist
If you have used the Tsawwassen ferry terminal this past week, chances are you will have seen a large billboard asking “How healthy is natural gas?” and pointing you to a website — unnaturalgas.org.
The billboard and website are ...
- Manitoba: CanWhite Sands Virtual Open House Aug 24, 2021; EAP and hydrogeological study for Vivian Sand Extraction Project with submitted questions by D.M. LeNeveu. Will the company appropriately, honestly, respectfully, completely answer?
hydrogeological report in section 4.3.2 states:
“It is possible that project operations will result in increased hydraulic communication between the Red River Carbonate and the Winnipeg Sandstone within the Project Area due to fractures and borehole annuli that may extend across the Winnipeg Shale aquitard. Degradation of the Winnipeg Shale could lead to ...
- Barbara Wendeborn Brandom, MD: “There is no safe way to frack gas.”
Health risks from fracking gas have been ignored too long by Barabara Wendeborn Brandom, MD, Aug 19, 2021, PennLive letters
The … recent report in the PA Environment Daily Blog documents Pennsylvanians whose health has been diminished by decisions regarding energy production in PA.
These serious health risks have been ignored too long. There is no safe ...
- Delta variant takes control of oil market with eroding share prices. What do you expect when people refuse to protect themselves, their loved ones, co-workers and community, and medical officers of health and politicians lie and remove protections?
Prices tumble as ‘Delta variant has gained control of the oil market’ by Chris Varcoe, Aug 21, 2021, Calgary Herald
After a strong price rally through the spring and early summer, a dose of reality has set in for volatile oil markets — and the financial prudence demonstrated by Canadian producers this year should pay off.
- Presentation by Justin Nobel on frac waste and its “terrifying levels of radioactivity”
Radioactivity in Fracking! Too Hot to Handle by Delaware Riverkepper, Aug 19, 2021
Award-winning journalist, celebrated author and knowledgeable environmental scientist Justin Nobel, discusses his research into the terrifying levels of radioactivity being produced by fracking for oil and gas.
Air date: 2021-08-18
This webinar is part of the Delaware River Frack Ban Coalition’s Summer Webinar Series: The ...
- New Study: Dumping oil & gas drilling wastewater on roads provides little dust suppression, contains toxic chemicals harmful to public health, agriculture, aquatic life. (PS It’s just about giving industry more corporate welfare via free waste dumping)
Efficacy of oil and gas produced water as a dust suppressant by Audrey M. Stallwortha, Eric H. Chase, Bonnie McDevitta, Katherine K. Marakc, Miriam Arak Freedman, Robin Taylor Wilson, William D. Burgos, and Nathaniel R. Warner, Dec 21, 2021, Science of the Total Environment
Dust suppression efficacy of all OGPW was less than commercial products.•
Sodium absorption ...
- 5th Horseman
Bill Bramhall’s editorial cartoon for Monday, Aug. 16, 2021, as misinformation continues to cause havoc amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. New York Daily News
- The world needs more parachuters going to anti-parachute rallys, but please don’t land on those of us wearing masks to protect you.
Freedom to not wear a mask by Kathony Jerauld, 2020
Refer also to:
Dear Deena Hinshaw & Jason Kenney: This post is for you.
- New study: Effects of frac’ing on nearby surface water, not just groundwater, may be worse than previously thought; causing increased salts, including chloride, barium and strontium, altering composition. Researchers identified “robust association between new wells and water quality changes, triggering public health concerns.”
Large-sample evidence on the impact of unconventional oil and gas development on surface waters by Pietro Bonetti, Christian Leuz, Giovanna Michelon, Aug 20, 2021: Vol. 373, Issue 6557, pp. 896-902. DOI: 10.1126/science.aaz2185
Figures & Data
Info & Metrics
Lightly salted surface watersHydraulic fracturing uses a water-based and sometimes gases, sometimes foamed/gelled gases mixture to open up tight oil ...
- 25 oil & gas bankruptcies destroy more than 10,000 jobs and pay 76 executives $199 Million, about $2.6 million each, after frac boom built on tax breaks, subsidies, “regulatory favours” and massive debt while destroying environment. No surprise, with judges paving the way.
Executives of Failed U.S. Drillers Got $199 Million in Cash by Josyana Joshua, August 12, 2021, Bloomberg
The oil and gas explorers they managed went under, but they walked out with a combined $199 million in cash.
That’s how much 76 executives behind the 25 largest U.S. oil and gas bankruptcies between 2018 and 2020 received in ...
- Pennsylvania, Lycoming Creek Watershed: Average water used to frac wells in 2020 was 17,512,356 gallons. Propanda group, Marcellus Shale Coalition does not like truth reported (like Canada’s CAPP, BC’s OGC, Alberta’s AER, etc).
GUEST ESSAY: FracTracker Response to Marcellus Shale Coalition on Lycoming Creek Watershed Digital Atlas of Unconventional Gas Drilling Impacts by PA Environmental Digest Blog, Aug 17, 2021
FracTracker Alliance thanks the Marcellus Shale Coalition (MSC) for amplifying the reach of “Water at Risk,” our recent digital atlas exploring the impacts the oil and gas development in ...
- Thank you doctors and nurses for your “Un-natural-gas.org” billboards (and for fighting Covid-19 and our cowardly politicians). “Natural gas has significant health impacts for those living close by the wells and for our global environment,” said Dr. Kevin Liang
Doctors and nurses post billboards near Tsawwassen ferry terminal to warn of harmful impacts of liquefied natural gas by Tessa Vikander with files from Angela Jung, Aug 15, 2021, CVNews Vancouver
A billboard, for a campaign about the environmental and health impacts of liquefied natural gas, is seen near the Tsawwassen ferry terminal in B.C. in ...
- Encana/Cenovus/Ovintiv’s birth canal
AEC’s New Era: Activity and fortunes are on the upswing for Alberta Energy Corporation as the government sells its stake May 17, 1993, Oilweek
Refer also to:
Slide from Ernst presentations
A murder mystery: Who really killed Encana? Or is this a Gwyn Morgan Puff Piece? Best thing that could happen is the death of AEC/Encana/Cenovus/Ovintiv
- Dear Deena Hinshaw & Jason Kenney & Bonnie Henry: This post is for you.
- Rystad Energy on Oil & Gas Industry’s Dark Monster: Waste water increasing number of felt earthquakes & sinister deregulation allowing industry’s toxic waste to be dumped for “beneficial” use. Fancy some cancer with your celery?
Treating the US oil industry’s dark water: As earthquakes increase, billions needed to switch course by Rystad Energy, June 10, 2021
A worrying Rystad Energy analysis of seismic activity in the US’ key oil producing regions reveals that the number of noticeable earthquakes has been increasing year after year since 2017. Tremors of above the magnitude ...
- Largest inland spill in history: U.S. Dept Justice files criminal and civil charges against Summit Midstream Partners LLC, $36Million in fines for discharging (dumping?) 111,284,642 litres frac waste over 5 months, contaminating land, groundwater, and 30 miles of tributary waters with crude oil, chloride, sodium, ammonia, aluminum, arsenic, boron, copper, nickel, selenium, zinc, barium, benzene, thallium and more. When will cowardly AER and Canada’s Dept Justice charge/fine Encana/Ovintiv for illegally frac’ing and contaminating Rosebud’s aquifers and diverting water without the mandatory permit under Alberta’s Water Act?
NORTH DAKOTA: Pipeline Co. Fined $36M for Huge Fracking Water Spill by News Editor, Aug 12, 2021, Environmental News Service
Featured image: Blacktail Creek and the Moline well pad, the well pad closest to the Summit produced water spill, 2015 (Photo courtesy U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)
BISMARK, North Dakota, August 12, 2021 (ENS) – The U.S. Department of ...
- Cenovus (Encana spawn) CEO & big oil propaganda gang, CAPP, beg more corporate welfare, Demand Canadians pay $ billions to green their tarshit. Oil & Gas companies rape billions in profits, dump clean-up on the public, lie and lie and want more more more.
Cenovus has always been bloody arrogant.
This only proves it will always be.
We the tax payer are supposed to pay for their going green??
What a joke, try cash flow from your current business.
Oh wait you like to give that away monthly in dividends!!!
Go peddle that nonsense somewhere else, Pourbaix.
Reduce shareholder payouts and use ...
- New study: Canada overlooking (intentionally?) industry’s methane leaks.
Will oil, gas and frac companies heed old or new regulations to reduce their pollution? Think regulators in Canada will make companies heed regulations? AER and Alberta Environment didn’t have the guts to regulate illegal aquifer frac’er Encana/Ovintiv; they regulated me instead. Think Canadian NGOs will admit that they enable the oil and gas industry’s ...
- Colorado: Will the AG, Phil Weiser, investigate Encana/Ovintiv entagled Crestone Peak Resources “foreign” hanky panky political funding via Canada’s Pension Plan Investment Board? Big Oil’s Rule of Law says he won’t.
Environmental group seeks investigation of Denver oil company’s political donations by Greg Avery, Aug 9, 2021, Denver Business Journal
U.S. and Canadian branches of an environmental group are asking the Colorado Attorney General to investigate political contributions made by a Denver-based oil company, alleging the contributions ran afoul of state law barring foreign involvement.
Friends of the ...
- Dr. Sandra Steingraber on IPCC AR6 Climate Report: “The science is clear: the fossil fuel industry needs to disappear from the face of the earth as soon as possible. … Promoting any expensive false solutions LIKE CARBON CAPTURE AND STORAGE is treachery.”
Michael E. Mann@MichaelEMann: Beef is 3% of global carbon emissions. ….fossil fuels are responsible for 67% of global carbon emissions.
Robert Howarth@howarth_cornell: Add blue hydrogen from fossil gas with carbon capture to the list….
Robert Howarth@howarth_cornell: Note that Hydrogen Council was set up by BP, Shell & Total. Gas for Climate is an association of gas pipeline ...
- U.S. Chemical Safety Board on Aghorn’s waterflood station, Odessa Texas: Four serious and willful workplace safety violations where Jacob Dean and wife were killed by sour gas
Many Safety Issues Found Where Texas Oilfield Worker Died from Gas Leak by Insurance Journal, May 6, 2021
In its report on the Oct. 26, 2019, hydrogen sulfide gas release that killed a Texas oilfield worker and his wife, the U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB) says it found multiple safety issues at the site where the ...
- Gérard Montpetit on International Energy Agency (IEA) declaring: “As of 2021, all governments should stop approving new coal mines or oil and gas fields.” Is the Canadian Hydrogen Council trying to save Alberta’s tarshit by transforming it into hydrogen?
Sweet words from the Petroleum industry by Gérard Montpetit, Aug 7, 2021
Last May 18, the International Energy Agency (IEA) published an earthshaking report which traces the road map towards “…net-zero” greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) by 2050 …As of 2021, all governments should stop approving new coal mines or oil and gas fields.…” In addition, sales of ...
- Amazing news. B.C. won’t appeal cumulative impacts “death by a thousand cuts” win. A wise move by B.C. Finally. Congratulations Blueberry River First Nation!
B.C. won’t appeal landmark First Nation court victory, B.C. Supreme Court found approval of energy projects in Treaty 8 territory is ‘death by a thousand cuts’ by Andrew Kurjata, July 28, 2021, CBC News
The B.C. government says it will not be appealing a landmark court case that found unchecked industrial development in northeastern B.C. violates ...
- Best letter to the Editor: “Fracking must be stopped. It poisons our drinking water and pollutes our air. … Health hazards cannot be prevented. … Laws do not protect people. No regulations protect people. The process is not safe. Fracking must be banned.”
Ban fracking for sake of humanity by Barbara Hughes, Las Vegas Sun, July 26, 2021
Fracking must be stopped. It poisons our drinking water and pollutes our air.
More fracking means more deadly climate change. Health hazards cannot be prevented. When fracking emits methane (which is toxic and explosive), it can build up in the air and cause ...
- Chevron and TRC head to trial over lost production linked to frac’d steam injection sink hole that killed Robert David Taylor. Frac’ers don’t give a shit about what their greed is doing to air, water, land, subsurface, workers, communities, climate and poisoned families.
Robert David Taylor
2015: “Abnormally dangerous and ultra hazardous activity.” Did TRC or Chevron’s fracing kill Robert David Taylor? What happened to California regulators’ vows to make steam injections safer? “Safer?” Why not make it “safe?”
… But state and federal authorities say in many cases oil companies are allowed to bypass those safety requirements or avoid ...
- Oil Patch Strategy of Obstruction on PFAS use: “Commission another government study” while they poison us, Like Canada’s Council of Canadian Academies’ frac panel cowardly concluded
2011 April: Ernst vs Encana lawsuit goes public
2011 August: The Council of Canadian Academies and Environment Canada to study hydraulic fracturing after group of harmed Albertans demand mortatorium
2014: Council of Canadian Academies Expert Frac Report: Provides more questions than answers, Science to be determined after the fracs
Are we being kept safe from ‘forever chemicals’ injected ...
- 500 international, US, Canadian groups open letter to leaders to “reject carbon capture and storage.” CCS is high risk like frac’ing, another scam used by gov’ts to give oil and gas companies $billions of public money to produce more pollution
2013: Denbury fined $662,500 for Mississippi blowout of CO2 injected in high pressure enhanced oil recovery, So much carbon dioxide came out that it settled in hollows, suffocating deer and other animals
Carbon Capture and Storage by Centre for International Environmental Law July 2021
What is carbon capture and storage?
Carbon capture and storage (CCS) and carbon capture, ...
- Health Canada: Poisoning Canadians to please Monsanto/Bayer, the oil patch and frac’ers?
Health Canada does not protect the health of Canadians, the agency protects polluters; it still has not publicly released their 2012 report on frac’ing hazards to the air we breath and water we drink.
Higher concentrations of controversial herbicide glyphosate may soon be on your plate: here’s why by Lillian Roy, July 19, 2021, CTV News ...
- Canada: BRAVO! Quebec gov’t says no to harmful polluting money-wasting $14 Billion LNG in Saguenay, north of Quebec City, following *years* of opposition from citizens, Indigenous communities and environmental experts
Quebec nixes LNG facility that would have carried western natural gas to overseas markets, Premier Legault had initially supported the project, but it was met with widespread opposition by CBC News, Jul 21, 2021
The Quebec government has refused to approve construction of a natural gas facility in the Saguenay, north of Quebec City, following years ...
- Frac’ers’ Friends in High Places: Past Greene Co President Judge Farley Toothman (let criminal frac waste dumper Allan Shipman walk) violated state Constitution: “engaged in misconduct so extreme that brought the judicial office into disrepute”
Judicial panel rules Toothman committed ‘serious misconduct’ while judge by Mike Jones, Jul 21, 2021, Observer-Reporter
Former Greene County president judge Farley Toothman violated the state Constitution and “engaged in misconduct so extreme that brought the judicial office into disrepute,” the state Court of Judicial Discipline ruled Monday.
The nine-judge panel found Toothman abused his time on ...
- Manitoba Silica Sand Mining: “Sharp Dealings” by gov’ts serve CanWhite Sands Corp while trumping human right to safe water?
When corporate interests trump the human right to clean drinking water, A Manitoba case of concern by Don Sullivan, June 29, 2021, Canadian Dimension
The business of silica sand extraction
Silica sand mining has become big business, and there are two primary markets for high grade silica sand these days.
The first is oil and gas fracking. Hydraulic fracturing ...
- Argentina: “Trail of Impunity” Toxic frac waste scandal exposed as lawyers present new evidence
Yesterday, from the Argentine Association of Environmental Lawyers, we have provided new and convincing evidence that proves the involvement of the State of Neuquén and the big oil companies (Shell, Chevron, the Argentine YPF, and others) in the violation of the laws related to the treatment of toxic waste. This new information is based on ...
- Erie Co Riseberg Pipeline legal evil fails to settle in court-ordered mediation in U.S. District Court leaving hundreds of landowners hanging with massive liens
Hundreds of liens for millions of dollars remain as mediation fails in Erie County gas pipeline case, With no settlement, more litigation on way in federal case over cost of Erie-to-Ohio natural gas pipeline. Hundreds of property owners in western Erie County still hit with liens over rights-of-way by Ed Palatella and Jim Martin, Erie ...
- California: Oil industry lobby group demands groundwater protections stripped
California Oil Lobby Seeks to Strip Environmental Protections for Groundwater Amid Drought, The move could make it harder for landowners to sue companies that pollute water tables by Aaron Cantu, July 13, 2021, Capital & Main
A prominent oil and gas lobbying group seeks to strip environmental protections from groundwater sources designated by the state for agricultural ...
- 700 groups ask Ireland to introduce resolution to UN General Assembly to ban frac’ing globally, highlights urgency with which human rights, climate, environmental and public-health impacts of frac’ing must be confronted. Dr. Edward Ketyer: “A global ban on fracking will improve public health and safety everywhere, not just in communities that have been damaged and scarred by unconventional oil and gas operations”
Over 700 Global Organizations Ask Ireland to Introduce a United Nations Resolution for a Ban on Fracking Press Release by International Frac Ban Coalition, July 15, 2021
DUBLIN, IRELAND — An international coalition of advocates, physicians and scientists have mobilized global support in asking Ireland to introduce a resolution to the United Nations General Assembly entitled ...
- New Report: “Nightmare Contaminant” Forever Chemicals (PFAS) Use in Drilling & Frac’ing in More than 1,200 Wells in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas, Wyoming between 2012 and 2020, including by Encana (in Canada too?). Records obtained from US EPA under Freedom of Information Act. Did Encana now Ovintiv inject PFAS into Rosebud and Pavillion drinking water aquifers?
From Page 9 of the report (at the time of Encana’s illegal aquifer fracs in 2004 in Alberta, and aquifer fracs in Pavillion Wyoming, there was no Fracfocus yet. After it was implemented with great halleluja, propaganda, pomp and circumstance in Canada, companies often include trade secrets in their Fracfocus filings, sometimes listing all chemicals ...