- New Report by Will Koop: “When the People Shout No!” to Oil & Gas in the Fraser Valley, B.C. (all Hell breaks loose), Dedicated to Joyce Nelson.
WHEN THE PEOPLE SHOUT NO! The Friends of the Fraser Valley and the Five Waves of Petroleum Exploration in the Fraser Valley, British Columbia 1914 – 1994 by Will Koop, August 15, 2022, B.C. Tap Water Alliance
Short version of the report: (Title, Foreword, Dedication, Contents, Introduction, pdf)
Full report: (133 megabytes, pdf)
Dedication to Joyce Nelson
- Michigan, Wixom: Don’t touch the water! Several thousand gallons carcinogen hexavalent chromium “released” (dumped?) by Tribar Manufacturing into sewer system, then Huron River
Video at link:
State Officials Say Testing Continues After Huron River Chemical Spill, Preliminary Results Detect No Presence It’s easy for industry and regulators, notably those controlled by industry, to sample to intentionally avoid detection of toxic chemicals. Alberta Environment excels at it, so does Encana/Ovintiv; and “Best in Class,” Best in the World” AER refuses ...
- Pennsylvania: Allegheny County Co votes 12-3 to ban frac’ing in county parks (Bravo!), overrides Executive Rich Fitzerald’s veto, first county-wide no-frac legislation in the state, protecting 12,000 acres across 12 watersheds
Excellent photos showing what the courageous county council is preventing in the parks:
Allegheny County Council Overrides Fitzgerald Veto on Park Fracking Ban by bobscaping, July 20, 2022
“Nothing changed in the past 14 days about the nature of fracking, about the harmful practices of fracking, about the need, the want to preserve one tiny little space ...
- Pennsylvania Senate Hearing: Large, growing, consistent, compelling body of evidence shows frac’ing negatively impacts public health; PA must act. Ten years later, Health Canada still won’t publicly release their frac hazard study. In Canada, frac panel members lie, ignore evidence; authorities refuse to study cumulative harms; “regulators” like AER refuse to enforce the law while engaging in fraud to serve law-violating polluters (most foreign owned) and further abuse the harmed.
Senate Hearing: Body Of Evidence Is ‘Large, Growing,’ ‘Consistent’ And ‘Compelling’ That Shale Gas Development Is Having A Negative Impact On Public Health; PA Must Act by David E. Hess, PA Environment Digest Blog
The following testimony on unconventional shale gas development and health impacts was given to the Senate Democratic Policy Committee on June 2, ...
- Putin Salutin’ Satan in Victory Day Parade
20022 05 09: Morten Morland Times Cartoon
The Kyiv Independent@KyivIndependen May 8, 2022:
Canada to provide Ukraine with $1.5 billion per year, anti-tank equipment.
President Volodymyr Zelensky said “Canada is second only to the United States in terms of aid,” having already sent half a billion dollars to Ukraine.
Refer also to:
Match made in Hell: Calgary-based killer Calfrac ...
- Climate Courts: Let trials proceed without gov’ts if politicians care so little about rights of youth and fail to show up or are too ashamed about giving the rich and corporate polluters everything and nothing to our kids and their future.
In my experience of Canadian judges and lawyers, and the system’s expensive procedures intentionally created to keep ordinary citizens out, youth would do a much better job than any court in Canada could, or would ever try to.
Canadian courts were not created to serve the future, the public interest, the citizenry, our environment, or ...
- Compendium 8 on Harms of Frac’ing & Associated Infrastructure: “The only method of mitigating its grave threats to public health and the climate is a complete and comprehensive ban on fracking.” No evidence was found showing “fracking can be practiced in a manner that does not threaten human health directly or without imperiling climate stability upon which human health depends.”
Compendium of Scientific, Medical, and Media Findings Demonstrating Risks and Harms of Fracking and Associated Gas and Oil Infrastructure by Physicians for Social Responsibility and Concerned Health Professionals of New York, April 28, 2022
PSR is proud to co-release the eighth edition of the fracking “Compendium,” a collection of some 2,000 abstracts of and links to medical, scientific and ...
- Poisoned by lead, capitalism and greed
Excellent Canadian made documentary!
The Man Who Accidentally Killed The Most People In History 24:56 Min. by Veritasium, April 22, 2022
One scientist caused two environmental disasters and the deaths of millions. A part of this video is sponsored by Wren. Offset your carbon footprint on Wren: https://www.wren.co/start/veritasium. For the first 100 people who sign up, ...
- Why is The Guardian Publishing Putin Propaganda?
Why is The Guardian Publishing Putin Propaganda?
Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:59:03 -0600
Re: “Further arming Ukraine will only destroy it. The west must act to end this war now” by former PR adviser to the Russian government, Angus Roxburgh
I have been reading and trusting the Guardian for years only to be horrified to see ...
- Easter rips down statue of soviet marshal Georgy Zhukov, “the butcher,” after Russia’s Moskva sinks. Brute Putin next. Slava Ukraini!
Defence of Ukraine@DefenceUUkraine government organization April 16, 2022:
For Ukrainian warriors a torn turret of a russian tank is not only a symbol of inevitable victory, but a piece of contemporary art too. We already have quite a collection!
Photo by Iryna Rybakova, 93rd Mechanized Brigade of @ArmedForcesUkr
Trent Telenko@TrentTelenko April 17, 2022:
The De-Russification” of Ukraine is the ...
- Australia High Court “full bench of dinosaurs” unanimously rules Environment Minister owes no duty of care to protect youth from climate change when assessing fossil fuel projects (similar to Alberta courts ruling AER owes no duty of care to residents harmed by companies, not even when their drinking water supplies are illegally frac’d)
courts won’t save us Of course not! In most cases, the legal industry (called a “justice” system to con the masses) does not serve the citizenry or a livable environment, it serves the rich, dirty (including “sex pest” raping) judges and misogynistic politicians that appoint them, polluting law violating and public health harming corporations, ...
- Fox Creek, Alberta: TC Energy P/L leak, ignition and fire. Was it caused by cumulative frac quake/frac hit harms? Is the gas sour from industry souring formations with thousands of massive fracs of untreated contaminated surface water?
A few of the comments:
maybe all those earthquakes they get shifted something.
Self regulated . Phony emission reports and more .
TC energy , no surprise . Maybe the company can demand $ 1.3 Billion to upgrade the pipe from Kenney ( Alberta taxpayers ) . No gift is to large for the oil and ...
- Colorado: After thousands harmed, Bill introduced for an Act on Oversight of *All* (not just some frac) Chemicals Used in Oil & Gas Production (to also disallow trade secrets). Will the oil & gas industry and the rich (judges included) allow this to pass?
Even after sacrificing 18 years and $400,000.00 of my life long savings (and more in kind donations from others concerned about frac’ing), and being betrayed by the courts and my backstabbing quitting lawyers, Murray Klippenstein and Cory Wanless (that did not quit lawsuits they took on years after mine), my community still does not ...
- Russia’s Illegal War: Street Mural in Kyiv by Ukrainian artist Sasha Korban, “We will stand, we will win.”
Sasha Korban’s post and call for donations
According to the All-Russian Center for the Study of Public Opinion🔹78% Russians support Putin, actions (13% don’t)🔹 74% Russians approve of his decision to attack Ukraine (17% don’t)🔹89% trust Russian Army🔹90% think there is infowar agnst Russia
Velina Tchakarova@vtchakarova: Realpolitik 101:
More than EUR 27,3 Billion in total for ...
- Match made in Hell: Calgary-based killer Calfrac supports Putin’s illegal war, rape & pillage in Ukraine; Frac giants Baker Hughes, Schlumberger, Halliburton too. No wonder: invading, rape & pillage is what frac’ers do.
So, since the war began govt’s & corps have been trying to find a way to stop using Russian oil…which gives Putin $800 million/day to finance the war.
And here is Calfrac helping them extract it. Wow. I felt like throwing up.
Comment above by McLeodJames to Mar 16, 2022 article in the Globe and Mail
Calgary’s Calfrac ...
- International Women’s Day 2022
Thank you for remembering and this beautiful card; I am humbled and honoured. It was a brutal 20-year journey filled with stunning betrayals by Encana/Ovintiv; AER; Alberta Environment; politicians provincially and federally; NGOs – notably Pembina Institute, Suzuki Fdn, Council of Canadians and on and on and on; RCMP; my own lawyers (lead Murray Klippenstein ...
- COVID-19 takes another master. Mark Lanegan: “The tears from your eyes. Is this Heaven?”
2022 02 22: Mark Lanegan, Screaming Trees singer, dies at 57
… The American singer, born and raised in rural eastern Washington state, had survived a battle with Covid-19 that left him in and out of a coma for months-long stretches of 2021. …
2022 02 22: Mark Lanegan, Screaming Trees frontman and grunge innovator, ...
- Excellent clip on COVID-19 and immunity: Toronto Emergency Physician Dr. Kashif Pirzada, interviews Dr. Anthony Leonardi, T-cell Immunologist
The T-cells are not alright – an interview with Dr. Anthony Leonardi, T-cell researcher 91 Min by Dr. Kashif Pirzada, MD, recorded Jan 8, 2022, posted Feb 20, 2022
In the first installment of a series by Masks4Canada, we explore reasons why the pandemic did not end with the first two doses of vaccine. Dr. Anthony ...
- Little Orphan Wells on the Prairies *and* in BC *and* in Quebec *and* in the Maritimes *and* souring and blowing up towns in Ontario … And intentional and accidental fracs, spills and leaks (including fake pollution solution Carbon Capture & Storage) leaking gases and toxic chemicals into groundwater …
Look deeper by Ed Janicki, Letter to the Editor Globe and Mail, Feb 7, 2022
Re Little Orphan Oil Well On The Prairie (Editorial, Jan. 28):
Cost estimates for remediation are likely to be much higher if we consider a little discussed impact: groundwater contamination. Restoring the surface is the easy and cheap part. Remediating ...
- Frac Science Compendium 8 to be released soon. Sandra Steingraber & Carmi Orenstein: “The more we learn about fracking…the worse it looks. Fracking is a villain, not a hero….” (R. Kennedy Jr., Sierra Club, other NGOs pimped frac’ing for polluters)
Preventing the Preventable Suffering by The Science and Environmental Health Network
Table of Contents 1. Editor’s Note: On Preventing the Preventable Suffering 2. The Fracking Science Compendium: Eighth Edition 3. Toxicology: The Language of Hazardous and Broken Dreams …
Editor’s Note: On Preventing the Preventable Suffering
Friends, A remarkable achievement of science over the past 25 years ...
- A first: Harvard study links frac’ing air pollution to early deaths among nearby residents, both up and downwind of wells. The Guardian: “This would mean thousands of premature deaths linked to the oil and gas boom….”
For the First Time, a Harvard Study Links Air Pollution From Fracking to Early Deaths Among Nearby Residents, The researchers studied more than 15 million Medicare beneficiaries living in all major fracking regions and gathered data from more than 2.5 million oil and gas wells by James Bruggers, Jan 27, 2022, Inside Climate News
Western Pennsylvania ...
- New study on leaking, toxic unnatural gas stoves; leak badly – most when not in use.
Gas Stoves in the US Emit Methane Equivalent to the Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Half a Million Cars, Cooking with gas is heating up the climate and filling some homes with hazardous nitrogen oxides in excess of EPA safety standards for outdoor air concentrations by Phil McKenna, Jan 27, 2022, Inside Climate News
Natural gas ...
- Thank you Meat Loaf, for helping me endure the horrors. And for singing the greatest love song of all time. Bat Out of Hell indeed.
And the last thing I see is my heart … still beating … still beating … breaking out of my body and flying away like a bat out of hell …
- Italy’s Supreme Court: Rules neighbour’s noisy toilet is a human rights violation. Has Encana/Ovintiv (now Lynx) been violating my human rights and decimating my health for decades with their law violating noisy compressors? With AER fudging Encana’s data, enabling the law and human rights violations? Oh ya, I forgot: Canadians have no rights when harmed by oil & gas (except to pay $hundreds of thousands in legal/court costs, be strung along for years, lied to and betrayed by your lawyers, and defamed by the Supreme Court of Canada).
Italian couple win 19-year battle with neighbours over noisy loo by Elly Blake, Jan 18, 2022, Evening Standard
Italy’s top court has enshrined the right to protection from loud lavatories after a 19-year battle between a tired couple and their neighbour’s flushing toilet.
The case began in 2003 when the couple, living in a flat near La ...
- Murder by COVID. UCP, Jason Kenney & Dr. Deena Hinshaw are cruel despicable lying anti-health, anti-Albertan monsters. Paul Hunter: “You don’t get herd immunity with coronaviruses”
Man’s penis ‘shrinks by 1.5 inches after catching Covid’ – and it’s irreversible
….to his dismay the victim found his penis had contracted considerably – a condition doctors told him is likely permanent due to vascular damage in his erectile tissue.
It comes as a University College London study of 3,400 people found that a shortened penis ...
- Nine months after Teck President Don Lindsay publicly apologized for dumping fish-killing mine waste, committed to “not waver in our focus on addressing this challenge” after settling in court for record $60M fine to avoid full trial, Teck “researchers” blame winter for 90% cutthroat trout kill even though mine contaminants have only gone up since 2014.
Better tell the judge Mr. Lindsay, maybe your fine will get tripled. Which wouldn’t really matter because history shows Teck has a habit of ignoring orders by courts and governments, a habit which courts and governments ignore.
Teck says ice, not coal waste, killed fish by Rob Chaney, Dec 29, 2021, Missoulian
A Canadian coal company claims ...
- Billionaires in (and polluting) space.
Cartoon by Hugleikur Dagsson, nicknamed Hulli (Iceland)
Why did billionaire Jeff Bezos buy the Washington Post?
Refer also to:
2015: Fracking Is Significantly Dangerous, Elon Musk Says
2021: Down with soon-to-be frac’er Elon Musk! To think I used to admire his imagination and critical thinking.
Elon Musk fracs to fuel his rockets to mars but hits dry holes (too funny).
- Where are the sanctimonious pro-lifers with their incessant desire to control others? Why the silence from them about Alberta’s UCP (many proclaiming to be Christian) intentionally killing in one of the most vile and cruel ways possible?
I expect long after woodland caribou are wiped out, Alberta will continue poisoning wolves even though it was proven decades ago how vital key predators like wolves are to healthy ecosystems. Abusive gov’ts kill wolves in Canada for no reason other than to feed ego and cruelty, and pretend to be protecting a species human ...
- Resource Guide and videos for all sessions now available: 9th Annual Shale & Public Health (Dec 10, 2021) Conference by Halt the Harm Network and Physicians for Social Responsibility: “Cradle to Grave: The Reverberating Health Hazards of Oil and Gas Industry.” Focus on workers’ exposure to PFAS chemicals, radioactivity, and effects on their families, communities and beyond.
Ninth Annual Shale & Public Health Conference
We thank those of you who helped organize the conference program, who were our speakers, and who attended the ninth annual Shale & Public Health 2021 conference.
The ninth annual Shale & Public Health Conference took place as an online conference over two days Tuesday, November 16 & Wednesday, November 17, ...
- Chance Oil and Gas trying to squeeze $billions for free out of Yukoners? How the hell does a frac moratorium cancel permits to drill wells the company says it need not frac?
Yukon Court of Appeal strikes down more claims in oil company’s lawsuit on government’s fracking ban, The government said there were still parts of the lawsuit that stood no chance of success by CBC News with files from Jackie Hong, Dec 09, 2021
The Yukon Court of Appeal has tossed out more parts of a $2.2-billion ...
- Frac Happy Nature Conservancy of Canada buys 106 acres along Belly River adjacent to Waterton Lakes National Park (to sell frac’ers water and let companies frac under the park to set precedent to frac in the park?). Paid for by taxpayers?
Nature Conservancy Acquires Grazing Land Near Waterton Park by Don McCracken, Dec 4, 2021, Okotoks Online
The Nature Conservancy of Canada, along with the Federal Government, have announced acquisition of just over a hundred hectares of land on the edge of the Waterton Park Front, in the Foothills region.
Nature Conservancy of Canada has purchased of ...
- Pennsylvania: CNX pleads to criminal charges for misreporting air pollution, AG’s investigation turned on reports by severely impacted family. When will Canadian AGs criminally charge Encana/Ovintiv et al for the endless toxic frac pollution, quake damages and contaminated aquifers severely harming families and farms?
Encana/Ovintiv’s illegal fracs, flares and sour fumes were reported to regulators often by families forced to breath, live and work with and bathe in the company’s toxic crimes in SK, AB, and BC. No wonder AEC/Encana/Cenovus/Ovintiv keeps changing names and plunking its polluting people as Chair of AER and in other upper management positions there.
- Geological Survey of Canada, Ruhr-Universität Bochum & McGill University team report new type of fracquake: “hybrid-frequency waveform earthquakes (EHW).” They say their discovery *could* “minimize damage done by tremors caused by fracking.” Pfffft! Not on this pin cushioned planet. Frac’ers only escalate their damages (and greed and lies).
Comment by a resident in Manitoba:
the pernicious mitigation myth again. I suppose these researchers must pretend everything can be mitigated just to keep their jobs.
New Type Of Earthquake ‘Triggered By Fracking’ Discovered by David Bressan, Dec 6, 2021, Forbes
According to a news release by the Ruhr-Universität-Bochum, a Canadian-German research team have documented a new ...
- “Fractured Gas – Fractured State: A History.” March 2022 4-part course at Carnegie Mellon U’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute by Doug Shields (in 2010, introduced Community Rights Ordinance that banned frac’ing in Pittsburgh by 9-0 vote, first frac ban in the world)
Where: CMU’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
When: March 9 – 30, 2022, Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Class size limited to 35.
Sign up to reserve your spot.
Part 1 provides a review of how the 2005 federal Energy Act exempted fracking from environmental law; how and why fracking came to Pennsylvania; and, early impacts upon Pennsylvania’s ...
- 2021 U of Calgary study: Radon levels in new Canadian homes now 467% higher than in homes in Sweden; 2015 John Hopkins study links radon to frac’ing: “It looks like fracking has unearthed an unbargained for and serious cancer risk in peoples’ homes.”
The University of Calgary (largely controlled by oil and gas money) study does not mention the 2015 John Hopkins study, frac’ing, fracquakes, oil and gas drilling, waste injection, enhanced oil recovery, CCS, pipelines and related activities etc. Let’s just blame the escalating radon problem in Canada on people living, learning and working in buildings, which ...
- BC Gov’t ignored – for days – flooded district requesting emergency help to save key infrastructure. MLA Mike Farnworth lies about it to media, or plays dumb/is ignorant. *After* road, houses wash away, gov’t responds. If CAPP et al, notably Encana/Ovintiv, had asked for this help, I expect BC gov’t would have said yes instantly.
Paul J. Henderson@PeeJayAitch Nov 30, 2021:
Simplified version of events: @FraserValleyRD Board Chair Jason Lum:
“Why won’t the province respond to our flooding infrastructure requests?”
@mikefarnworthbc: “We didn’t get any requests.”
Lum: “Yes you did. More than 50 to date.” There is a problem here.
Othello Rd, Coquihalla Hwy, before and after:
Mr. Olsen provides fantastic updates:
- 2011: France banned frac’ing; 2021 French frac giant Total wants wells near Arlington TX daycare in mostly Black and Latino community, health already harmed by pollution
Arlington Parents petition City Council to deny permit to French fracking giant Total to frack next to children’s daycare Media Advisory by Livable Arlington, Nov 27, 2021
Parents of 69 toddlers and young children ...
- Thank you CBC! A fun, fabulous interview. Geoff Hughes’ music helped me get through my M.Sc., notably 2am driving home from the Elora Mill bar where I worked to pay for university.
Thank you Mr. Hughes!
I remain grateful to you and your fascinating music. And, I remain in awe of your genius.
More music please (no pressure)!
What ever happened to Geoff Hughes? 40 years ago, he had a hit song and then disappeared from the public eye. Until now by Andrea Warner, Oct 27 (updated ...
- Emmy-winning “The Story of Plastics”
molly taft@mollytaft Nov 26:
i talked to a plastics expert about how cleaning up all the plastic in the ocean is basically impossible, and how plastic exists outside of our conception of time (!)
Why Trying to Clean Up All the Ocean Plastic Is Pointless, A pollution expert on why any attempt to rid the ocean ...
- Ryan Jesperson: “The Australian coal miners are foreign. … The foreign ones are the ones fucking up the eastern slopes!” Corb Lund livid: “I’ve dug my heels in now.” High River Mayor Craig Snodgrass: “The only foreign-funded money that’s coming into this province right now with the coal stuff is the Ozzies’ money. That’s it. You’re being very hypocritical to pin that on anybody in this province that this coal fight is foreign-funded. It’s not. It’s BS. It’s just us. It’s just Albertans.”
This is an excellent interview. I do not wish Lund pain or to be stressed, but I do love to see him and tens of thousands of my fellow Albertans, finally, in a rage protesting the gov’t helping foreign corporations rape our drinking water and destroy our famous landscapes. It’s typical that AER granted Ms. ...
- Encana/Ovintiv spewing sour gas, yet again, says no one injured. H2S damages the brain even at very low concentrations, so how the hell does the company know no one was injured? Were all workers and area residents tested for neurological damages? OGC investigating. Whooptydoo! Will they let Ovintiv off with another community bribe? Or blame nature and the harmed?
BC Oil and Gas Commission to investigate Pouce Coupe natural gas leak by Michael Popove, Nov 22, 2021, CJDC TV
PIUCE COUPE — Ovintiv has confirmed to CJDC-TV News, that a sour gas leak from a wellhead near Riverside Road in Pouce Coupe occurred on Friday afternoon.
A witness who lives across the street from the wellhead ...
- Dear Horgan et al: To repair and prepare for climate chaos: Stop frac’ing! Stop Site C dam (the chaos ahead will flush it downriver anyways). Quit giving public dollars to cash-hoarding foreign energy companies (notably Encana-Ovintiv). Use the workers and money to repair and prepare instead.
How B.C.’s string of natural disasters are connected, While weather is naturally variable, events such as extreme heat, wildfires and flooding will become more frequent and more intense because of climate change by Kathryn Blaze Baum, Carrie Tait, Justine Hunter, and Matthew McClearn, Nov 21, 2021, The Globe and Mail
The two-lane highway between the B.C. ...
- Frack Free Lancashire: “The fracking industry lurches on like a zombie that doesn’t know it’s dead” … “Carbon Capture and Storage…remains a theoretical practice with no at scale projects anywhere near completion today. It is a fantasy.”
Calls to revive fracking amid gas crisis spark angry response in Lancashire, An industry body has called on the Government to consider reviving the fracking industry, two years on from the moratorium that stopped gas exploration in Lancashire by Tim Gavell, Nov 4, 2021, Lancashire Post
The UK Onshore Oil and Gas group has said, as ...
- Another study: Preliminary Results Find Increased Cancer, Health Risks From Road Dumping Drilling Wastewater, Especially For Children; Arsenic, lead, manganese, nickel, hexavalent chromium in road dust contaminated by wastewater
If Encana had notified me, I would never have rescued any dogs. I am horrified to think what my dogs were exposed to, their noses much closer to the waste than mine and their pads directly on it. And what are the harms to wildlife and livestock walking and resting on the waste, eating it? ...
- New Study: Shows Higher Exposures To Radiation In Road Dumping Of Drilling Wastewater When Appropriate Exposure Scenarios Are Used, with Constant Exposure for Residents Living Next To and Using Those Roads (imagine living with Encana/Ovintiv waste in your body)
Encana/Ovintiv got rid of its waste on our roads too (under guise of dust suppression) and bribed farmers (for a pittance) to accept the waste dumped on crop and pasture lands, including immediately next to my home, filling it with petroleum stench. I was not given advance warning to enable me to close the windows ...
- Feb 22, 2022, 10am to 3pm, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA Shale Gas and Public Health: Translating Science into Policy, a public health summit hosted by Environmental Health Project
Speakers and Topics include:
Dr. Linda Birnbaum, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Child Health and Development:
Dr. Élyse Caron-Beaudoin, University of Toronto Scarborough
Dr. Nicholas Muller, Carnegie Mellon University
Rev. Dr. Gregory Simpson, Nauraushaun Presbyterian Church
After a morning plenary session, attendees will participate in breakout group discussions over a catered lunch. The summit will ...
- COP26 is Synergy (no action except billions more public dollars to oil and gas polluters, lots of empty promises and yak). Orion Magazine on Frac Harms: “There exists an axis of betrayal between transnational oil and gas corporations and governments that allows the violations of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights” enabled by courts.
In my view, COP26 (and those before and ahead), is a synergy fest of mostly male (photo below of the leaders attending) corruption, greed and circuitous chatter between gov’ts, industry and NGOs to con the masses into thinking emissions are being reduced while the patriarchy gives industry more public money to produce more oil and ...
- Ernst Frac’d & Fuck’d by Usual Sad Sacks of Shit: Encana, Ovintiv and CEO Gwyn Morgan, later by her own lawyers Murray Klippenstein and Cory Wanless, with Alberta courts and Supreme Court of Canada pissing on the rule of law to protect polluters (100% industry-funded AER).
Many thanks to Sharon for sending this image today. No, I did not add any of the “E”s.
Better to walk through hell than succumb to Canada’s rotten corporate, regulatory and legal systems gagging me via delay after delay after delay (the longest by the Supreme Court of Canada); lie after lie after lie; smear after ...
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Editorial Board says “hydraulic fracturing is a delicate process.” Schlumberger Chair and CEO Andrew Gould told investors it’s done by “brute force and ignorance.”
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette endorsed Trump and got rid of award-winning cartoonist Rob Rogers (for being honest?). My favourite of Mr. Roger’s brilliant cartoons is included below.
A few of the comments to the article:
Fracking is an environmental disaster, which is exactly why more enlightened places have completely banned it.
1st and ten:
No one ever thinks enough ...
- Legal Shit Show on Crack Continues: Cabot Oil v. Ray Kemble. 2008: Cabot contaminated Dimock drinking water. 2020: PA AG filed 15 criminal charges, including 9 felonies, against Cabot. 2021: Cabot becomes Coterra Energy. Changing names hides crimes (like Encana to Ovintiv).
When frac-harmed citizens hire lawyers, who do the lawyers really represent? Frac’ers? Judges the lawyers bow down to or the status quo?
In my view, the lawyers I hired (Murray Klippenstein and Cory Wanless), put my faith in, and paid one hell of a lot of money to over many years, did not work for ...
- Alberta Cover-up Capital: Frac’ing near 5.0M earthquake 31km WNW of Rocky Mountain House; AER reported nothing about that or waste injection, just said industry didn’t do it.
One of the “felt” reports:
“At the coordinates you give for the epicentre there is a big frack going on….”
Some of industry’s wells in the quake area, from BOE Report:
Earthquakes Canada Felt Reports
Snap taken Nov 6, 2021 (note that the VI Strong intensity has been removed):
Snap below taken Oct 22, 2021, includes the VI ...
- AER: Regulation only when it suits them. Tidewater Midstream, spills 30,000 litres acidic water into creek, charged with 10 violations, including releasing substance that “caused or may have caused an adverse effect.” Encana injected 18 *million* litres frac fluid into Rosebud’s aquifers contaminating them, covered it up but is not charged. Instead, the company’s VP Gerry Protti and manager Mark Taylor rewarded with top jobs at AER, and CEO Gwyn Morgan the Order of Canada.
Encana kept their illegal aquifer fracs secret and later lied about them to the harmed and public. Encana intentionally commingled its multiple frac zone gas wells to prevent accurate fingerprinting data collection. Encana has yet to disclose to me and the community the relevant data on the super shallow fracs and all chemicals injected.
- Nov 16 &17, 2021: 9th Annual Shale & Public Health Conference including Community Voices and Participatory Research from Canada
The Straight Scoop on Shale A project of the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania Citizen Education Fund, Nov 16 & 17, 2021, Free but requires registration.
Featuring new research presented by national experts on shale and public health impacts, and practical applications.
Tuesday, November 16th: Session 1 – New Health Research Session 2 – Research ...
- Frac’d to Hell in Pennsylvania: Methane contaminated water only the beginning
They Couldn’t Drink Their Water. And Still, They Stayed Quiet by Colin Jerolmack, Sept 17, 2021, The New York Times
Mr. Jerolmack is the author of “Up to Heaven and Down to Hell: Fracking, Freedom, and Community in an American Town,” which tells the story of the Crawleys and other families in Pennsylvania.
I first encountered Tom Crawley ...
- Another warning for investors: Water gets her revenge against big oil, fills most valuable part of Suncor’s Fort Hills tarshit mine in Alberta
Water problems at Suncor Energy’s massive Fort Hills mine cast shadow over stock, analysts say, Shares down since company confirmed the issue during earnings call by Geoffrey Morgan, Aug 06, 2021, Financial Post
Water is flowing into the most valuable part of Suncor Energy Inc.’s massive 194,000-barrels-per-day Fort Hills oilsands mine, adding a fresh problem for ...
- New evil low (copying the UK?): Ontario turns H2S gas well into water well to make citizen pay (up to $900,000.00) to plug it. What will investors, insurance and finance think of this crass oil & gas industry-enabling fraud by authorities?
they can designate it a water well all they want … doesn’t change the industry impact and exploding towns and cities … which i believe is of great interest to the insurance industry … and banks …
and they can try and redesignate fresh water aquifers to gas aquifers, but I don’t think the insurance and ...
- Nov 8, 2021: Frac Investors Beware: Untold Financial Risks of Radioactive Waste to be Publicly Disclosed
PDF of the presentations. Recording of the webinar will be posted when it’s available. Two of Melissa Troutman’s slides:
In Alberta, companies (including bully brute Encana/Ovintiv) dump their waste on crop and pasture lands, with AER nowhere to be seen:
What’s in the bread, cereal and meat you eat and feed to your children?
At an online event: ...
- Another damning paper by Dominic DiGiulio et al: Chevron oilfield waste “ponds” contaminating groundwater in California. DiGiulio warns the ponds constitute “a potential wide-scale legacy groundwater contamination issue.” Think of Alberta’s toxic tarsands waste lakes, industry’s largest unlined waste “ponds” on earth, leaking into the Athabasca River and groundwater, with AER doing little but deregulate.
Vulnerability of Groundwater Resources Underlying Unlined Produced Water Ponds in the Tulare Basin of the San Joaquin Valley, California by Dominic C. DiGiulio, Robert J. Rossi, Jessie M. Jaeger, Seth B. C. Shonkoff, and Joseph N. Ryan, Oct 15, 2021, Environ. Sci. Technol. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.1c02056 © 2021 American Chemical Society
The San Joaquin Valley (SJV) in California ...
- City of Iqaluit says historical fuel spill likely source of drinking water contamination
Imagine the contamination caused by Encana/Ovintiv deliberately injecting – under high pressure – 18 million litres of mystery frac fluid into multiple drinking water aquifers used by the Rosebud community in Alberta.
Then imagine the harm caused by the company and regulators lying and engaging in fraud to cover it up, and bullying and charter ...
- California banning new oil and gas wells within 3,200 ft (975 m) of homes, schools, healthcare facilities, and requiring emissions monitoring of existing wells within those buffer zones. Will industry lobby groups sue? Will captured courts kill the community/public health protections?
In 100% industry-funded AER’s Alberta, wells, including those frac’d with toxic chemicals, are allowed 100m within homes, schools, playgrounds, senior care and hospitals, community centres, etc.
Public Health Rulemaking by California Dept Conservation
Update (October 21, 2021)
Draft Regulations for Public Comment
On October 21, 2021, the California Department of Conservation’s Geologic Energy Management Division (CalGEM) released for public ...
- Alberta, Two Hills Co: Fire, explosion *and injuries* at Secure Energy (recently merged with notorious Newalta Tervita) crude oil tank farm. *Area residents evacuated.* How toxic is the oil? Was it frac’d with mystery chemicals, PFAS? Any H2S? Was radioactive waste stored in what exploded? Are taxpayers funding the emergency response, as usual? More than 35 firefighters, and RCMP and EMS attended.
Where’s the 100% industry-funded AER?
Oh, right, busy deregulating to enable industry increasing their poisons in the air we need to breath.
Is Secure Energy as notorious as Tervita? Or is frac waste too dangerous to deal with?
2015: Fire at Secure Energy Services south of Grande Prairie
… Grande Prairie RCMP has confirmed that workers at the ...
- West Virginia: Southwestern Energy’s Reinbeau multi well pad near schools goes boom in the night: A piece of equipment ruptured, caused release of pressure and fire, one worker injured. Were they frac’ing? Will they tell the truth if they were?
Southwestern wanted to frac New Brunswick, Canada.
Likely location of the incident in WV, visual thanks to Bob Donnan from PA:
Incident on well pad near Sorghum Ridge Road in Marshall County last night by Steve Moore, Oct 22, 2021, WTRF
Marshall County Sheriff Bill Helms confirms to 7NEWS that there was an incident near a well pad ...
- PFAS, Endocrine Disruption, and Shale Gas Development Sept 21, 2021 webinar by Environmental Health Project and Halt the Harm available for viewing
Ever wonder why resource rape & pillage Caveman Canada has no EPA?
Any authority investigating PFAS pollution in Canadian waters and bodies (human and otherwise)?
The webinar features presentations by:
Dusty Horwitt, J.D., author of Physicians for Social Responsibility’s report Fracking with “Forever Chemicals,” and
Katherine Pelch, Ph.D., environmental health science and policy analyst and assistant professor at ...
- 14 year analysis on upstream oil and gas production and ambient air pollution in California found: “higher concentrations of ambient air pollutants at air quality monitors in proximity to preproduction wells within 4 km and producing wells within 2 km” likely harming health of nearby residents. Findings “likely applicable to other regions with oil and gas operations.”
PDF of the complete paper
Upstream oil and gas production andambient air pollution in California by David J.X. Gonzalez, Christina K. Francis, Gary M. Shaw, Mark R. Cullen, Michael Baiocchi and Marshall Burke, Science of the Total Environment Volume 807, Part 2, 10 February 2022, 150836
This is a PDF file of an article that has undergone ...
- New book by Dr. Kevin Timoney: Hidden Scourge: Exposing the Truth about Fossil Fuel Industry Spills, Six-year investigation into the impacts in western North America. “The science is clear: the production and use of fossil fuels has caused global-scale ecological and atmospheric damage that presently endangers life on the planet.”
Hidden Scourge: Exposing the Truth about Fossil Fuel Industry Spills by Kevin P. Timoney (McGill-Queens University Press), Press Release Oct 12, 2021
A six-year investigation into the impacts of fossil fuel production in western North America
Hidden Scourge takes the reader on a journey behind the firewall of disinformation to uncover scientific truths about crude oil and ...
- Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for our medical workers and support staff, still taking care of us, after endless shit & abuse from Jason Kenney, Chief Medical Officer of anti-Health Deena Hinshaw, UCP, anti-everything thugs (if you refuse vaccination, the least you can do for community is wear a mask, over your nose not under it, COVID-19 is airborne)
Thank you health care workers!
Wall of hearts by Ottawa artist Alison Fowler
I had to return a defective product to Canadian Tire in Drumheller last Friday. While standing in line for ages, with more and more customers – including four maskless – accumulating and crowding the area and staff doing nothing to manage it, not even ...
- PSE: Literature review examines last ten years research on methane and health-damaging air pollutant emissions from oil and gas industry
Oil and gas industry pollution in NEBC
Oil and gas industry pollution NW of Calgary, Alberta, province with many such facilities
And then, the endless fracs and refracs and more refracs:
Literature review examines the last ten years of research on methane and health-damaging air pollutant emissions from the oil and gas industry Press Release by Adrienne Underwood, ...
- Brilliant courageous Justin Nobel to PA DEP’s Bureau of Radiation Protection at “Policy Hearing on Closing Hazardous Waste Loopholes” about oil & gas companies “screwing their own workers.” Critical issue in frac fields, including in Canada, because of the massive volumes of radioactive waste generated (Radium 226 persists for 1,600 years)
Canadian Guidelines for the Management of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) by Gov’t of Canada, 2013, ISBN: 978-1-100-23019-1; Cat. No.: H129-34/2013E-PDF
Sanctions against polluters are feeble and out of date, and are rarely invoked.Ralph Nader
Excellent rivetting 2:18 Min clip of testimony by Justin Nobel, addressing David Allard, Head of Pennsylvania Dept Environmental Protection’s Bureau of Radiation ...
- Whither the Disclaimer? Too funny! Witch hunter Steve Allen’s feelings bruise easily, “The Journalists have also failed to treat me fairly” … Poor Compton Petro Babe Allen ought not to hunt witches if he can’t take the heat. How many law violations did Allan’s bogus inquiry commit?
2020: Too funny! Alberta’s UCP witch hunt changing rules midplay, again. Why? Can’t find any witches or their brooms?
2020: UCP’s witch hunt smells like a Jason Kenney-Vivian Krause flop: “If was serious about uncovering harm to Alberta he would set his sights on CAPP and the rest of the oil cabal.”
Denton’s Law firm wanting ...
- AG Josh Shapiro: 48 Criminal Charges against Energy Transfer (prev Sunoco) for polluting “lakes, rivers, and our water wells” and putting Pennsylvanians’ safety at risk, 45 charges for “illegally releasing industrial waste at 22 sites in 11 different counties.” Executive Deputy AG Jennifer Selber: “Non disclosure orders are a hinderance to criminal investigations and prosecutions.”
What do we get in Canada? AGs too cowardly to be seen except when it suits their egos and personal agendas. Lying judges pissing on the rule of law even at Canada’s top court under then Chief J B. McLachlin; gag order (NDA) after gag order after gag order; endless deregulation while publicly claiming increasing ...
- Satartia, Mississippi gassed by Denbury Inc., nearly killing dozens when CO2 P/L (contaminated with H2S) ruptured. Foreshadowing Canada’s Carbon Capture & Storage (that produces more pollution under guise of reducing it)? Deaths already reported in SK at Encana/Cenovus/Ovintiv’s CO2 injected oil recovery experiment.
2012: CO2 in Stream, Dead Ducks Prompt Wyo. DEQ Citation against Anadarko
The leak happened in an area where CO2 is injected underground to help revive an old oil field and boost oil production. The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality has ordered Anadarko Petroleum to identify and control the carbon dioxide leak into Castle Creek in central ...
- Justin Mikulka: “I think the story of US shale has mostly been written already. Best assets gone. Half trillion lost. Environmental and climate disaster. Executive looting. Pathetic media coverage. The damage has been done.”
Justin Mikulka is an independent journalist covering the finances of the energy transition.
It’s the same, if not worse, in Canada, the harms and painfully pathetic main media reporting (mostly lies).
I spent years (unpaid) researching, buying industry reports/data, and writing the above brief to counter the ship loads of lies by Canadian experts, academia, regulators, politicians, ...
- 35,000 harmed LA residents settle with SoCalGas for $1.8 Billion over largest methane leak in U.S. history. Utility faced more than 385 lawsuits on behalf of 48,000 people. Matt Pakucko: “SoCalGas’ devastating blowout will never be behind us until the Aliso Canyon storage facility is shut down and the danger it poses to the community is permanently eliminated. We are nowhere near a resolution.”
Gas storage will never be safe as long as it’s done by humans because of rampant greed in our species and until frac’ing is outlawed everywhere.
SoCalGas agrees to pay $1.8 billion settlement over 2015 Aliso Canyon gas leak by Brian Melley, Associated Press, Sept 27, 2021, USA Today
LOS ANGELES – Thousands of families sickened and ...
- Excellent letter by George Thatcher on COVID-19 explosion in Alberta
I can have my cake and eat it too, I just love the way some folks have made science and vaccinations such political issues by George Thatcher, Trochu, Alberta, Sept 25, 2021, MountainViewToday
Hee haw! I just got my ivermectin for COVID-19, and I’ve been galloping around the neighbourhood like a young colt. Trouble is that I ...
- New study on frac’ing in NEBC, Peace River area: “Troubling” link between frac’ing and chemical contamination in homes; Living frac’d may harm your health. Massive new gas plant being built near those already impacted, expected to increase the number of frac’d wells from 10,000 to over 100,000.
PDF of the study
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in indoor air and tap water samples in residences of pregnant women living in an area of unconventional natural gas operations: Findings from the EXPERIVA study by Élyse Caron-Beaudoin, Kyle Powys Whyte, Maryse F. Bouchard, Jonathan Chevrier, Sami Haddad, Ray Copes, Katherine L. Frohlich, Dean Dokkie, Treaty 8 ...
- Alberta: “Get COVID Party” in Edson two weeks ago sends “a lot” of residents to already overwhelmed Edmonton ICU. Is that where COVID-denying UCP officials got sick, now in hospital “battling for their lives?” Ken Michel: “I was going to attend that party, but I went to the ‘Throw big rocks in the air and close your eyes’ party instead.”
de Adder Canada@deAdderCanada: Unless there was some obscure Premier in Canadian history who killed and ate orphans, Jason Kenney will go down as the worst Premier in Canadian history.
Dr. Verna Yiu, CEO of AHS: “It’s tragic that we are only able to keep pace with these kind of numbers because in part some of our ...
- Judging a judge: Letter in Maclean’s by John Challinor II of Milton Ontario on retired Supreme Court of Canada Justice Rosalie Abella
I read the article about retired Supreme Court of Canada justice Rosalie Silberman Abella with interest (“Rosie Abella said she’d answer questions when she turned 75,” Supreme Court, July 2021). There is much to like about her as a Canadian, as a woman, and especially as a human being. However, it is clear that Madam ...
- “Frack Master” Breitling Energy CEO Christopher Aundre Faulkner sentenced to 15 years in federal prison, fined $92,446,376.46. He was most cited US media voice and tried to infiltrate Canadian media too; sums up how evil frac’ing is.
United States v. Christopher Aundre Faulkner (3:18-cr-00500) by Court Listener
District Court, N.D. Texas
Last Updated: Sept. 22, 2021, 5:06 a.m. CDT
Assigned To: Jane J. Boyle
Date Filed: Oct. 4, 2018
Date of Last Known Filing: Sept. 20, 2021
Document #: 153
Date: Sept 20, 2021
ELECTRONIC Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Jane J. Boyle: ...
- Legal Hanky Panky on Steroids? PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc., court-appointed monitor for Bellatrix (made famous by Diana Daunheimer’s lawsuit) bankruptcy, setting up liability escape via insolvent NewCo? Bankruptcy switchero after bankruptcy switchero, name change after name change after name change, enabled by “regulators,” politicians, lawyers and courts. “Rule of Law” rapes Canadians, our economy and our environment.
AER and the courts (notably in Alberta) are paid by the citizenry but work for the rich and oil & gas, protecting/assisting companies that abuse us, our loved ones, homes and lands, and rape our aquifers and environment, get billions in subsidies from the citizenry and make us pay to clean up while taking billions ...
- Oil companies pushing & funding Kern Co to sue California Gov Newsom for trying to protect environment, communities, families from risky techniques like frac’ing, acidizing, cyclic steaming? Make the county look bad instead of companies doing the harms?
2021 02 18: California SB 467 “End Fracking & Harmful Drilling Act” proposes to ban all new frac’ing and other risky techniques like cyclic steaming, acid fracs, and water and steam flooding by Jan 2022 and completely by 2027. How many companies will sue to try to kill the ban and what will Trump’s judges ...
- As expected, CanWhite Sands does not appropriately, completely answer Open House questions. What the Frack Manitoba asks fed gov’t to designate Vivian Sand Extraction Project re: Missing & misleading information in EAP and AECON Canada Ltd’s Hydrogeology & Geochemistry Assessment
Sept. 8, 2021
Dear Minster Wilkinson and Ms. Pullishy:
Re: Request to Designate the Vivian Sand Extraction Project Based on ...
- Caveman Canada: B.C.’s farting “commitments” continue to enable water polluter Teck
High River Alberta Mayor Craig Snodgrass with selenium poisoned cutthroat trout from Elk River, Fernie BC, polluted by Teck
Canadian coal company appeals tough U.S. selenium rule as provinces consider mines by Bob Webber, The Canadian Press, Aug 28, 2021, Calgary Herald
On Aug. 13, Teck Resources petitioned Montana to rescind a rule brought in last fall ...
- Frac’ing Ontario? Wheatley (thermogenic corrosive) sour gas explosion injures 20, destroys two buildings, more, many families displaced. Still leaking, area remains at risk of more explosions like Hutchinson Kansas where two were killed in their home from industry’s leaking gas migrating 7 miles. Chatham-Kent top administrator, Don Shropshire: “Our area has hundreds, if not thousands of abandoned gas wells. They stretch from Niagara Peninsula to Windsor.” Also exploded from industry’s gas 85 years ago. The community must be relocated. But, where?
Will Ontario authorities do this to Wheatley too? New evil low for Caveman Canada: Ontario turns H2S gas well into water well to make citizen pay (up to $900,000.00) to plug it.
Why are first responders and emergency workers not wearing full H2S protective gear? It damages the brain, even at very low concentrations.
Comment by ...
- Ireland: Bravo Clare County councillors! Call on gov’t “to put forward a global ban on fracking being proposed by Ireland at the United Nations General Assembly on climate-mitigation, public-health, environmental-protection and human-rights grounds”
Clare councillors seek global ban on fracking by Páraic McMahon, Aug 26, 2021, Clare Echo
Almost a decade on from becoming the first local authority in the country to introduce a ban on fracking, Clare County Council has now called on the Government to introduce a global ban.
Fracking, or hydraulic fracturing, is a controversial technique to ...
- Code Red vs Rex Murphy. Aug 26-28, 2021 Canadian Energy Executive Association’s 10th Business Forum (masks & proof of vaccination req’d?). Fees are outrageous, as industry’s pollution & lies ramp up while Canada burns.
Erica1984: Replying to @CdnEnergyExecs:
Such an incestuous den of snakes. Golf, Banff…ol’ boys’ club alive and well. Mutual suckers.
(((Isabella Mac Bardoel))) Replying to @CdnEnergyExecs:
Koch Sucking Rex Murphy shills while Canada burns.
Code Red by Dr. Ned Ketyer, August 24th, 2021, Pediablog
“Skies turned hazy from Pittsburgh to Washington to Boston, as smoke from fires in Canada poured into ...
- Insurance industry Gets Smart, backs away from fossil fuels.
Where will the rich go to play when the Mediterranean is gone? My place is beautiful, but I have no safe water after Encana/Cenovus illegally frac’d my community’s aquifers, and compressor noise and weeds invade on.
THE MEDITERRANEAN IS ON FIRE by BY MAXIMILLIAN ALVAREZ, Aug 18, 2021, The Intercept
Severe heatwaves and longer dry seasons caused by ...
- Unnatural unhealthy “natural gas”
Dr. Trevor Hancock: B.C.’s ‘natural gas’ is both unnatural and unhealthy Aug 22, 2021, Trevor Hancock, Victoria Times Colonist
If you have used the Tsawwassen ferry terminal this past week, chances are you will have seen a large billboard asking “How healthy is natural gas?” and pointing you to a website — unnaturalgas.org.
The billboard and website are ...
- Manitoba: CanWhite Sands Virtual Open House Aug 24, 2021; EAP and hydrogeological study for Vivian Sand Extraction Project with submitted questions by D.M. LeNeveu. Will the company appropriately, honestly, respectfully, completely answer?
hydrogeological report in section 4.3.2 states:
“It is possible that project operations will result in increased hydraulic communication between the Red River Carbonate and the Winnipeg Sandstone within the Project Area due to fractures and borehole annuli that may extend across the Winnipeg Shale aquitard. Degradation of the Winnipeg Shale could lead to ...
- Barbara Wendeborn Brandom, MD: “There is no safe way to frack gas.”
Health risks from fracking gas have been ignored too long by Barabara Wendeborn Brandom, MD, Aug 19, 2021, PennLive letters
The … recent report in the PA Environment Daily Blog documents Pennsylvanians whose health has been diminished by decisions regarding energy production in PA.
These serious health risks have been ignored too long. There is no safe ...
- Delta variant takes control of oil market with eroding share prices. What do you expect when people refuse to protect themselves, their loved ones, co-workers and community, and medical officers of health and politicians lie and remove protections?
Prices tumble as ‘Delta variant has gained control of the oil market’ by Chris Varcoe, Aug 21, 2021, Calgary Herald
After a strong price rally through the spring and early summer, a dose of reality has set in for volatile oil markets — and the financial prudence demonstrated by Canadian producers this year should pay off.
- Presentation by Justin Nobel on frac waste and its “terrifying levels of radioactivity”
Radioactivity in Fracking! Too Hot to Handle by Delaware Riverkepper, Aug 19, 2021
Award-winning journalist, celebrated author and knowledgeable environmental scientist Justin Nobel, discusses his research into the terrifying levels of radioactivity being produced by fracking for oil and gas.
Air date: 2021-08-18
This webinar is part of the Delaware River Frack Ban Coalition’s Summer Webinar Series: The ...
- New Study: Dumping oil & gas drilling wastewater on roads provides little dust suppression, contains toxic chemicals harmful to public health, agriculture, aquatic life. (PS It’s just about giving industry more corporate welfare via free waste dumping)
Efficacy of oil and gas produced water as a dust suppressant by Audrey M. Stallwortha, Eric H. Chase, Bonnie McDevitta, Katherine K. Marakc, Miriam Arak Freedman, Robin Taylor Wilson, William D. Burgos, and Nathaniel R. Warner, Dec 21, 2021, Science of the Total Environment
Dust suppression efficacy of all OGPW was less than commercial products.•
Sodium absorption ...
- 5th Horseman
Bill Bramhall’s editorial cartoon for Monday, Aug. 16, 2021, as misinformation continues to cause havoc amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. New York Daily News
- The world needs more parachuters going to anti-parachute rallys, but please don’t land on those of us wearing masks to protect you.
Freedom to not wear a mask by Kathony Jerauld, 2020
Refer also to:
Dear Deena Hinshaw & Jason Kenney: This post is for you.
- New study: Effects of frac’ing on nearby surface water, not just groundwater, may be worse than previously thought; causing increased salts, including chloride, barium and strontium, altering composition. Researchers identified “robust association between new wells and water quality changes, triggering public health concerns.”
Large-sample evidence on the impact of unconventional oil and gas development on surface waters by Pietro Bonetti, Christian Leuz, Giovanna Michelon, Aug 20, 2021: Vol. 373, Issue 6557, pp. 896-902. DOI: 10.1126/science.aaz2185
Figures & Data
Info & Metrics
Lightly salted surface watersHydraulic fracturing uses a water-based and sometimes gases, sometimes foamed/gelled gases mixture to open up tight oil ...
- 25 oil & gas bankruptcies destroy more than 10,000 jobs and pay 76 executives $199 Million, about $2.6 million each, after frac boom built on tax breaks, subsidies, “regulatory favours” and massive debt while destroying environment. No surprise, with judges paving the way.
Executives of Failed U.S. Drillers Got $199 Million in Cash by Josyana Joshua, August 12, 2021, Bloomberg
The oil and gas explorers they managed went under, but they walked out with a combined $199 million in cash.
That’s how much 76 executives behind the 25 largest U.S. oil and gas bankruptcies between 2018 and 2020 received in ...
- Pennsylvania, Lycoming Creek Watershed: Average water used to frac wells in 2020 was 17,512,356 gallons. Propanda group, Marcellus Shale Coalition does not like truth reported (like Canada’s CAPP, BC’s OGC, Alberta’s AER, etc).
GUEST ESSAY: FracTracker Response to Marcellus Shale Coalition on Lycoming Creek Watershed Digital Atlas of Unconventional Gas Drilling Impacts by PA Environmental Digest Blog, Aug 17, 2021
FracTracker Alliance thanks the Marcellus Shale Coalition (MSC) for amplifying the reach of “Water at Risk,” our recent digital atlas exploring the impacts the oil and gas development in ...
- Thank you doctors and nurses for your “Un-natural-gas.org” billboards (and for fighting Covid-19 and our cowardly politicians). “Natural gas has significant health impacts for those living close by the wells and for our global environment,” said Dr. Kevin Liang
Doctors and nurses post billboards near Tsawwassen ferry terminal to warn of harmful impacts of liquefied natural gas by Tessa Vikander with files from Angela Jung, Aug 15, 2021, CVNews Vancouver
A billboard, for a campaign about the environmental and health impacts of liquefied natural gas, is seen near the Tsawwassen ferry terminal in B.C. in ...
- Encana/Cenovus/Ovintiv’s birth canal
AEC’s New Era: Activity and fortunes are on the upswing for Alberta Energy Corporation as the government sells its stake May 17, 1993, Oilweek
Refer also to:
Slide from Ernst presentations
A murder mystery: Who really killed Encana? Or is this a Gwyn Morgan Puff Piece? Best thing that could happen is the death of AEC/Encana/Cenovus/Ovintiv
- Dear Deena Hinshaw & Jason Kenney & Bonnie Henry: This post is for you.